SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It’s pandemic time at the Costco, Corona Corona + idjuts
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s pandemic time at the Costco, Corona Corona + idjuts Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Just came back from my nearest Costco and didn't know there was a panic at some areas.
Everything looked normal except the back few rows. The isle with paper products and bottled water was stacked half way out with a mountain of those products.
Otherwise, looked like a normal day to me.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Weather Channel is getting into the act as well. Nothing like a broadcast meterologist to give you the updates.

Just tuned in to catch the weather and we have a hand washing demonstration featuring other tunes you can sing while washing your hands. Really??

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Costco announced it is cancelling the freebies at the end of the aisles. That should make shopping less hectic trying to get by the carts that the seekers of freebies leave in the way.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
...featuring other tunes you can sing while washing your hands. Really??
Jeezus Christmas. We ARE an ignorant society, aren't we?? Roll Eyes

Folks...IMHO, this is nothing more than the Fake News creating this HYSTERIA in the HOPES the U.S. economy will tank. They will THEN have something to pin on President Trump for Biden's or Bernie's talking points during the debates and elections.

Carry on.....JSMH.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

Costco announced it is cancelling the freebies at the end of the aisles. That should make shopping less hectic trying to get by the carts that the seekers of freebies leave in the way.
It's about time! It has always been annoying, trying to get past the "where's my free shit" crowd that goes to Costco for lunch and are too cheap to pay $1.50 for a 1/4 pound hot dog and soda.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^I love that combo! Just got back from a grocery store; no disposable disinfecting wipes and no hand sanitizer seen. A bottle of Clorox and a spray bottle, bottle of Lysol or Pine-Sol as well and one would be good to go. Plain old Dial hand soap and warm water still works fine. I think erj-pilot and several others are hitting the nail on the head on why the panic.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

A bottle of Clorox and a spray bottle, bottle of Lysol or Pine-Sol as well and one would be good to go. Plain old Dial hand soap and warm water still works fine.
Yup, I do agree with you when I am at home, at my office, or any other environment that I can control.

I carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer with me when I am out and about. I have done this for quite a while, before the current scare, because my immune system is compromised and my doc has put me on the "no flu shot" list. He told me that most vaccinations are off limits for me, and advised me to be anal about hand cleaning.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
My wife went to Costco yesterday. She said she didn't see anything in short supply here yet. Of course, she wasn't looking to buy masks or sanitizer, so I don't know the status of those.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16488 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by rat2306:

A bottle of Clorox and a spray bottle, bottle of Lysol or Pine-Sol as well and one would be good to go. Plain old Dial hand soap and warm water still works fine.
Yup, I do agree with you when I am at home, at my office, or any other environment that I can control.

I carry a small bottle of hand sanitizer with me when I am out and about. I have done this for quite a while, before the current scare, because my immune system is compromised and my doc has put me on the "no flu shot" list. He told me that most vaccinations are off limits for me, and advised me to be anal about hand cleaning.
It's prudent that you do so then. Stay safe and healthy V-Tail.

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Four months ago I decided to re up my hand sanitizer,
and neglected to do so /
Now !
I am S.O.L.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=mck...&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_4_23

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Four months ago I decided to re up my hand sanitizer,
and neglected to do so /
Now !
I am S.O.L.

Check office supply stores and smaller pharmacies, bendable.

People have hit Amazon hard, and there have been runs on bigger places like Sams/Costco/Walmart in some places around the country. But I know most pharmacies, as well as office supply stores like Office Depot, sell hand sanitizer too. The panicky masses might not have gotten to those yet.

Looks like Office Depot still has plenty of it in stock on their website as well: https://www.officedepot.com/ca...rch.do?Ntt=sanitizer

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
Just use alcohol. You can buy two 16 oz containers of 91% isopropyl alcohol for less than $4.00 at Sam's Club.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
Just use alcohol. You can buy two 16 oz containers of 91% isopropyl alcohol for less than $4.00 at Sam's Club.

AFAIK - 91% is better for drying but 70% is better for sanitizing.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
70% is better for sanitizing.

Why is that? Less irritating, I can understand, but something else?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
70% alcohol is thought to be better than higher percentages because it needs the water to aid the killing of the virus/bacteria. Think about washing your dishes with pure soap vs soap and water. The detergent activity in the soap requires water to form micelles to carry the grease away with the water. Without water the micelles cannot form. Same concept with alcohol and water mixture. Remember that there is a lipid-rich coat on the viral RNA. Stripping the coat off the viral particle makes it non-infectious.

Posts: 565 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Ah. Thanks for all that.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post