SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It’s pandemic time at the Costco, Corona Corona + idjuts
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It’s pandemic time at the Costco, Corona Corona + idjuts Login/Join 
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
I went to Sams Club at lunch and they only had 5 boxes of TP and a few bundles of paper towels left.

You mean you didn’t buy all 5 boxes of TP ?!?! OH NOES !!!!

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I still have water and gasoline from Hurricane Dorian. Razz

Posts: 15844 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
I went to Sams Club at lunch and they only had 5 boxes of TP and a few bundles of paper towels left.

You mean you didn’t buy all 5 boxes of TP ?!?! OH NOES !!!!

I only weigh 170lb and have a small ass to wipe Wink

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Five check out lines a Sam's club today were 12-15 deep, Roll Eyes. I walked over to the return counter to get rung out and was out of there in9 minutes.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Was at my local Costco yesterday getting new tires installed and walked around the warehouse for an hour to kill time, bought some things. Normal amount of people for a Monday afternoon, 3-4 people in each register line, lots of parking. Plenty of Kirkland T.P, paper towels and water, no name brand though. Didn't see a run on anything really, shelves looked normal. Nobody at the self-check out. Just a normal day.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
There was still water at one local Costco, but no paper products at all.

Posts: 3657 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The stock market falling must get people’s attention. I was at our local Costco on Saturday, plenty of everything. I heard there was a big run on water, on Monday. The media is whipping up panic among the sheep.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10487 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just left the Yooper grocery. Plenty of water, poop paper and paper towels. No panic here yet.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I went to Costco to pick up a few things I buy every week. Love the rotisserie chicken!

I took a stroll to the area of bottled water and toilet paper.

They were completely out of toilet paper, none at all. They did have plenty of bottled water.

The stocking guys told me they'd get another 5 delivery trucks in tonight and to come back at opening time in the morning.

I got their kind of late, there were not a lot of people in the store, but the ones I saw were loading up their carts to overflowing.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ventured into a Wal-Mart that was near where I work. Rarely go there though.

Wanted a small pump bottle of hand sanitizer for my desk. There have been multiple people absent with the flu lately.

Went to the area where I thought it should be. Did not immediately see any. A nice stocking person inquired if they could help me find something. I stated that I was not sure if I was in the right area of the store for hand sanitizer.

They stated that the store was completely out and distribution had told them that it was unknown when there would be any more for delivery.

Needless to say, I was stunned.

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfpacker:
I ventured into a Wal-Mart that was near where I work. Rarely go there though.

Wanted a small pump bottle of hand sanitizer for my desk. There have been multiple people absent with the flu lately.

Went to the area where I thought it should be. Did not immediately see any. A nice stocking person inquired if they could help me find something. I stated that I was not sure if I was in the right area of the store for hand sanitizer.

They stated that the store was completely out and distribution had told them that it was unknown when there would be any more for delivery.

Needless to say, I was stunned.

Make your own: 1/3 cup of aloe Vera gel and 2/3 cup of isopropyl alcohol. Mix thoroughly.

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^ Just for the heckuva it, go to Amazon and search for hand sanitizer.

I think Amazon is out at this moment, but see the non-Amazon outside sellers wanting $100 bucks for 2 ordinary size bottles.

Price gouging at its finest.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indiana-
Good afternoon Eastern Hancock Parents,

Due to student and staff illness concerns, Eastern Hancock will cancel classes tomorrow, Wednesday, March 4 and have an eLearning day for all students. We are experiencing very high absence and illness numbers due to bronchitis, strep, Influenza A and Influenza B. We will use the day to further clean the school. All after school events except the Boys Basketball sectional game at Hagerstown and the MS County Wrestling Match at New Palestine are cancelled for tonight. All events for tomorrow are cancelled. More information will follow.

Just normal

Posts: 1397 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Five check out lines a Sam's club today were 12-15 deep, Roll Eyes. I walked over to the return counter to get rung out and was out of there in9 minutes.

Did you not recently get a smartphone? The Sam's Club app Will let you scan your items with your phone as you place them in your cart. The app also lets you pay when you are done, so you skip the check out lines entirely. It puts a code on your phone's screen that you show the person at the door in lieu of a paper receipt.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
^^^^^^^ Just for the heckuva it, go to Amazon and search for hand sanitizer.

I think Amazon is out at this moment, but see the non-Amazon outside sellers wanting $100 bucks for 2 ordinary size bottles.

Price gouging at its finest.

Good ole American greed rears its ugly head again!

Posts: 792 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got some TP for sale. $10 per roll!!! LOL

Posts: 89 | Location: Hastings, MI | Registered: April 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
Buddy and I lost it laughing at Kroger. They've got a purchase limit of 5 "sanitation, cold, and flu related" products, but if you buy $40 or more on cleaning supplies, you get $10 off.

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:
Make your own: 1/3 cup of aloe Vera gel and 2/3 cup of isopropyl alcohol. Mix thoroughly.

Great. You had to tell, didn't you? Now they'll be a run on isopropyl alcohol and aloe gel. Good goin', MWG!

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by midwest guy:

Great. You had to tell, didn't you? Now they'll be a run on isopropyl alcohol and aloe gel. Good goin', MWG!

Well now that you mention it, I only have a few ounces left in the bottle. Would never replace until out usually, but maybe I should buy a pallet worth, just in case.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Did you not recently get a smartphone? The Sam's Club app Will let you scan your items with your phone as you place them in your cart. The app also lets you pay when you are done, so you skip the check out lines entirely. It puts a code on your phone's screen that you show the person at the door in lieu of a paper receipt.

where do you drop the cash off?

who's taking the money ?

any bills under $200.00 get paid for in cash

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post