SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    DUI driver crashed in front of me
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DUI driver crashed in front of me Login/Join 
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
From the amount of the bond, I'd say that she got charged with way more than a DUI. FL law is a lot like KY. So I guess that she probably got-

DUI
Reckless Driving
Maybe an insurance violation
Criminal Mischief (felony if over $1000)
Assault (felony is the driver was hurt bad enough)

How close am I?

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Germany used to have a bad drunk driving problem. Until they tightened up the punishments.

Big financial fine, LOSS of driver's license for a year. To get the license back required to go through driver's school again, and that cost in the 1000s before it was all over.

The husband of my wife's friend was caught taking a short cut down a farm road, which was posted as not a motor vehicle road.

He had been drinking. Not all that much but under that new law, it was more than enough to cost him several 1000s in fines, schooling, etc.

And he lost his license for a year, too. His wife ended up having to drive him to the train station every day so he could get to work, and then pick him up in the evening.

Incidents of DUI in Germany dropped pretty dramatically after they instituted the new plan.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
From the amount of the bond, I'd say that she got charged with way more than a DUI. FL law is a lot like KY. So I guess that she probably got-

DUI
Reckless Driving
Maybe an insurance violation
Criminal Mischief (felony if over $1000)
Assault (felony is the driver was hurt bad enough)

How close am I?

She was incorrectly charged with one count of DUI with damage to property or person. She spent one week in jail, and then was released without any money due on her own recognizance. Not sure why. Her lawyer must have got an emergency hearing, because that doesn't happen here too often.

Usually here they get two or three DUI charges... one for DUI, one if you damage property, and one if you injure someone. Cop was a rookie and probably wasn't aware of the usual particulars.

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post