SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    It's a beautiful sunny day, and all I want is a nap.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's a beautiful sunny day, and all I want is a nap. Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted
I just can't get motivated today.
And frankly, it's making me angry.
I've enjoyed some porch-sitting today, soaking up some sun. I've got plenty of work to do around here, I need to mow the grass, I have to buy groceries.

And all I want to do is take a nap. WTH? Mad
(I've dozed, just typing this.)

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Nap for 30 solid minutes, then get up and kick ass.

If your body or mind needs the rest, give it rest.

It's not a weakness.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12768 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Nap for 30 solid minutes, then get up and kick ass.

If your body or mind needs the rest, give it rest.

It's not a weakness.

Spot on.
I was off Friday and ran around like an idiot. I got a lot of things done but still had a few things to do.
Yesterday was a graduation party and after that, I went home and went to bed. I was whooped. Today I'm busy again but almost done.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I got my 30 minutes.
Still can't seem to do a danged thing. Grr.

God bless America.

Posts: 13486 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aye, me too. I took a nap, forced myself to mow and edge, then took a nap. Now I want....a nap. But I don't want to be up at 4am.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
We all get old. Razz

Posts: 3375 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
You're just gearing up for football season, when millions of Americans sit around for hours on end doing nothing while dreaming they were the people they were watching on the television.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who cares... Take a Nap...
I was pissed at myself the last two days for being unproductive.

I am supposed to be packing the house up but I went enjoyed the afternoon sitting and reading.

Then periodically i would come in and check the orioles.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
while dreaming they were the people they were watching on the television.
Not really...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
For some reason, my energy spiked at about 3 this afternoon. I washed the truck, ran a pile of stuff to the recycle bins, and bought groceries.

When I got home I tackled a PC project for a friend, scrubbed/bleached the coffee pot, put a new light in the dining room, did some laundry, and even got a visit from a friend. The the dog and I went walking.

Why the heck could I not have been that productive this morning? Geez! Roll Eyes

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Why the heck could I not have been that productive this morning? Geez!

Hormones? LOL

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
I take a 20-30 minute power nap every afternoon; usually with a kitty in my lap.
Wake up refreshed and good to go.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I very seldom ever take a nap. Feel like doing it sometimes, but almost never do, unless I am sick.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post