SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Today in 1941 we lost countless lives in Pearl Harbor. Yet no media coverage or concern
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today in 1941 we lost countless lives in Pearl Harbor. Yet no media coverage or concern Login/Join 
Picture of ops cwo
posted
The news today online does not even mention Pearl Harbor. What kind of society can not support and remember the valiant service and heroic efforts sailors made and thousands sacrificed for this country.

Makes me sick. Al Franken who should never have been a senator is stepping down, BFD.

DEH

Posts: 262 | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as I woke up, 6am., I put the flag up, sat in my chair, said some prayers and had thoughts of those in Pearl.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's an article on the Fox News website about Trump's recognition of Pearl Harbor.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At Dawn We Slept....
Are we sleeping today?
And to all those lost at Pearl Harbor and those few who still survive, thanks for your service and sacrifice.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
I thought about it this morning and gave quiet thanks for all those who served.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Oh I am certain Google wouldn't have missed the occasion to remember those Americans who died as a result of the sneak attack by the Japanese.

Roll Eyes

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Oh I am certain Google wouldn't have missed the occasion to remember those Americans who died as a result of the sneak attack by the Japanese.

Roll Eyes

Google can ESAD. Bing remembered.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 367 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't call it "countless."
I think there is a count: "The total number of military personnel killed was 2,335, including 2,008 navy personnel, 109 marines, and 218 army. Added to this were 68 civilians, making the total 2403 people dead. 1,177 were from the USS Arizona.
The number of wounded came to 1,143 with 710 navy, 69 marines, and 364 army, as well as 103 civilians."

Ref: https://visitpearlharbor.org/f...r-during-the-attack/

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by festus haggen:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

Roll Eyes

Google can ESAD. Bing remembered.
Bing always seems to commemorate the traditional holidays while Google is celebrating snowflake causes.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Pisses me off too.

Also, we don’t have a national holiday for Native Americans. We fucked them over time and time again, slaughtered them, went back on agreed deals so many times. The reservations are all below poverty lines, drug use rampant.

I wish we could turn the marketing holidays completely off and remember the right shit. Will never happen in a hypocritical society.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12568 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I guess infamy doesn't have as long a shelf life as I thought it does.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Met a Survivor this past Veterans Day.

Pity not even casual mention in the MSM.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
But the Fake News will celebrate Muhammed and Obama all day and blame guns and veterans for violence. Google and all the other libs can go ......f

We take better care of illegal aliens than veterans, thanks Barry.

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
The High School that I worked at on December 7 had a minute of silence led by the principal who gave a quick speech.
The school is located on a military base but is a County run vocational school.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4011 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Not only did our country loose 2000+ that day, it officially started the war in which we lost around 450,000 in the next 3 1/2 years. The world lost tens of millions in the same conflict.

Sadly, I would guess over half of our population couldn’t tell you what century WW2 happened in, much less how or why it happened.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

Sadly, I would guess over half of our population couldn’t tell you what century WW2 happened in, much less how or why it happened.
Judging from videos I've seen, they could tell you that it was over slavery and Hitler was out ally.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
While I dont hardly ever see TV these days, even the local McDonalds had the flag at half staff. That F'n trash that is the media and a good share of DC is consumed with gubberment genatiles. All about politics and that goes to show how complacent they've become in the electronic world. Shame. Same goes for those spending all their time getting reelected.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post