SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    A Co-Worker has PTSD from a car accident
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Co-Worker has PTSD from a car accident Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I have less than zero sympathy for such assholes who claim PTSD over such silly shit.

I have a family member in SF at Ft. Bragg.

He was involved in an IED event in Afcrapistan. He was standing in the turret when the IED went off right under the vehicle. He was blown some 40 feet into the air. As witnessed by other team members.

He has made 4 more trips to that shit hole since then. No sign of PTSD on his part! Just a desire to help clean out the trash in that country!

When these pansies experience some real trauma then, perhaps but not likely, I might feel some sympathy for them.

That grandson is still on full active duty though he is listed as 100% disabled and they want him to retire. In fact, the reality is that he is scheduled to head back over there for another few months!

There are, no doubt, cases of real PTSD but dammit minor traffic accidents do not,in my view, classify!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
I would give him something to have PTSD about.
Sorry but that little snowflake needs to go sit in a VA or local first responders PTSD group session and see what it really is. Sorry but no sunshine you're scared that the unicorn view of the world you had changed, that's not PTSD.

In three years I've buried 5 friends who had PTSD and killed themselves, all vets and all either public safety or emergency medicine.

Open a thread about some weak-ass idiot who could’ve really hurt someone, then read this.

Words fail. Really ache for you in losing so many friends, especially in that manner.

Posts: 13254 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
He's going to have fun when real life knocks on his door a bit harder, which will happen.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17276 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
We’ve got a woman at work on open ended LOA for depression and PTSD because of her...divorce. She’s been a piece of shit from day one and plays the system like a virtuoso.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sock Eating Golden
posted Hide Post
It's bullshit like this that give legitimate PTSD sufferers a bad name. Unfortunately in our current PC climate you'd be fired for calling him out on his BS. WTF happened to the world I grew up in?

Nick

"I cannot imagine any condition which would cause a ship to founder. I cannot conceive of any vital disaster happening to this vessel. Modern shipbuilding has gone beyond that."
-Capt. Edward Smith

Posts: 5795 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: November 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
He's just a pussy.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
He's just a pussy.

I agree.

He is best described as a hipster.

I'd love to show him this thread btw. I'm not sure how much longer I can last before I actually call him a huge pussy. (Maybe HR will back me up Wink )

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
...I'm not sure how much longer I can last before I actually call him a huge pussy...

I think the new term is "front hole".

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
He's just a pussy.

I agree.

He is best described as a hipster.

I'd love to show him this thread btw. I'm not sure how much longer I can last before I actually call him a huge pussy. (Maybe HR will back me up Wink )

You absolutely should show him this thread!!!!

But reading the responses might give him more PTSD and make his suicidal. LOLOLOLOLOL

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
I would give him something to have PTSD about.
Sorry but that little snowflake needs to go sit in a VA or local first responders PTSD group session and see what it really is. Sorry but no sunshine you're scared that the unicorn view of the world you had changed, that's not PTSD.

In three years I've buried 5 friends who had PTSD and killed themselves, all vets and all either public safety or emergency medicine.

Open a thread about some weak-ass idiot who could’ve really hurt someone, then read this.

Words fail. Really ache for you in losing so many friends, especially in that manner.

Thank you, my tolerance for people like that snowflake has reached its end.

Posts: 2774 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
Ya know, strangely, i had someone rear end me. For a few days i noticed people getting to close. Now? I dont even think about it til this thread.

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
A string tie manila interoffice mail envelope containing a diaper is my suggestion.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
A string tie manila interoffice mail envelope containing a diaper is my suggestion.

And a pacifier

Posts: 26900 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
I have less than zero sympathy for such assholes who claim PTSD over such silly shit

When these pansies experience some real trauma then, perhaps but not likely, I might feel some sympathy for them.

There are, no doubt, cases of real PTSD but dammit minor traffic accidents do not,in my view, classify!

Completely agree. For heavens sake Get some perspective!

We were pit-maneuvered into the highway center divide in Jan, wife broken back, ribs nose etc, one daughter a broken neck my FiL numerous broken ribs. The second daughter is still sensitive to bumps and bangs but never sulked around and is getting better every freeway ride.

Posts: 516 | Location: In the desert | Registered: September 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jack32586
posted Hide Post
I got rear ended in Montana by a Fiero. Hard enough to total that little pointy shitbox and REALLY shake up the 17 year old airhead driving it. Worst part is, I was holding a just purchased burrito from Taco Bell and had a large drink in the holder. I was at a stop light and it pushed me into a truck in front of me. Of course I couldn't see that truck through the Pepsi and beans covering every part of the interior of the car. No injuries either side, and her insurance not only fixed the back but fixed the right front quarter panel where I'd hit a deer a couple weeks prior.

I saw her several months later at the mall, and we both laughed about it. Course that was back in the 90s, and in Montana. Even cheerleaders weren't delicate flowers back then.

I think about it and giggle a little every time I get a burrito in the drive through. Do I have Post traumatic burrito disorder?

Posts: 206 | Location: S/W Florida | Registered: October 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Once I got into a physical confrontation with a convict. It ended when, somehow, he went down a stairwell face first with me on his back. Every time I passed by a stairwell after that, I chuckled. Is that PTSD?

Post-tangle snickering disorder?

God bless America.

Posts: 13492 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just leave Midol or Vagisil on his desk or in a drawer.

posted Hide Post
quote:

Ok what is your plan when HR calls you to the office to explain said gift?? It is getting much harder to do that kind of stuff unless you work in the construction trades.

Posts: 17230 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:

Ok what is your plan when HR calls you to the office to explain said gift?? It is getting much harder to do that kind of stuff unless you work in the construction trades.

He didn't say anything about leaving a card with said gift. Roll Eyes

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post