SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Those disappearing red spray can straws
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Those disappearing red spray can straws Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Where in the heck do they go? Is it like the dryer eating socks???

I always save them, never throw one away with a can and place any stray ones in a designated spot on the shelf with the cans, yet there is none to be found anywhere for the dozen various cans in my garage when I need one.

Well time to be proactive and act! I just activated the nuclear option...

I ordered a 50 pack of replacements from Amazon for $12.99 shipped. We'll see how long they last!

I should divide them into smaller groups immediately upon receipt and disperse them for fear of losing all fifty before I even need one!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
Where in the heck do they go? Is it like the dryer eating socks???

I always save them, never throw one away with a can and place any stray ones in a designated spot on the shelf with the cans, yet there is none to be found anywhere for the dozen various cans in my garage when I need one.

Well time to be proactive and act! I just activated the nuclear option...

I ordered a 50 pack of replacements from Amazon for $12.99 shipped. We'll see how long they last!

I should divide them into smaller groups immediately upon receipt and disperse them for fear of losing all fifty before I even need one!

Link

http://a.co/2ZuzU7n

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRYEij52cj0

Telford takes the magnetic advertising that you are supposed to put on your refrigerator
and snips a tiny piece off of it,

then he glues that to the straw,
then he just sticks the straw to the side of the can or tool box.

he has two dozen of them stuck all over the place

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54503 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:

What...what??? They sell a replacement pack that contain DIFFERT SIZES??? I find that different cans - different straws.

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Pluribus Unum
Picture of JRC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:

Telford takes the magnetic advertising that you are supposed to put on your refrigerator

This idea is GOLDEN!!!

Posts: 1407 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: March 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
quote:

This idea is GOLDEN!!!

Second that. Looking for the magnetic ads already!

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Instead of gluing a magnet to the straw, why not just superglue the straw in place on the nozzle?

Posts: 3370 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
I've made straw holsters and taped them to the sides of the cans.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:

Knitted? Razz Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Ruber bands around the can hold the straw to it.

Problem I have in my shop is there are at least 3 different diameter straws.... I have a number of spares sitting in an empty 1.5" shell case.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:

Knitted? Razz Big Grin

LOL, genius idea. Big Grin

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Just put them in the groove on top of can, fit perfect, always there.

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How bout a piece of tape?

Posts: 1121 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:

I see you're retired. If you are like me, good luck remembering where you stashed the various extras when you need them. Smile

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very smart. I try the tape thing (either blue or scotch tape) but it doesn't last as it slips off.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Instead of gluing a magnet to the straw, why not just superglue the straw in place on the nozzle?

That's what I do. Each time I start a new can, I roll the end of the red tube in a little blob of glue, then insert it in the nozzle. Holding the red tube in place, I hit the trigger to clear any glue that may be in the tube, then set it aside. I started doing this after almost losing the tube, when it dislodged, as I was spraying fogger into a jet ski cylinder. That was scary.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Just put them in the groove on top of can, fit perfect, always there.

At first I was like, what groove, then it dawned on me...

[/url]

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16268 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They all end up in the Pacific ocean.Drinking straws were the first step.They will be coming for your spray can straw next.

Posts: 12581 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have some of those “Hold It” straw holders. They are a rubber ring that fits the can, with a pigtail that has a hole molded in it that will hold a variety of straw diameters. The pigtail is about 3” long so it can hang out of the way when not needed.

Posts: 19 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 10, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Thread of the week! Big Grin

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post