SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Those disappearing red spray can straws
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Those disappearing red spray can straws Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HurtzDoughnut:
I have some of those “Hold It” straw holders. They are a rubber ring that fits the can, with a pigtail that has a hole molded in it that will hold a variety of straw diameters. The pigtail is about 3” long so it can hang out of the way when not needed.
I did not know what you were talking about so I used the Google, which showed me both an Amazon web page and a Lowe's web page, both of which showed the product along with the notation that this product is currently unavailable.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JRC:
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:

I ordered a 50 pack of replacements from Amazon for $12.99 shipped. We'll see how long they last!

What...what??? They sell a replacement pack that contain DIFFERT SIZES??? I find that different cans - different straws.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What will the folks in Seattle do?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Telford takes the magnetic advertising that you are supposed to put on your refrigerator
and snips a tiny piece off of it,

then he glues that to the straw,
then he just sticks the straw to the side of the can or tool box.

yeah , he said that rubber bands only work for so long,
he thinks that the WD
eats at the rubber band and it eventually snaps off

he has two dozen of them stuck all over the place[/QUOTE]

This idea is GOLDEN!!![/QUOTE]

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54501 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Never had any size complaints... that a couple guys mentioned. Big Grin

But seriously, I have at least 12 cans of various items on hand and they all interchange.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Before I retired , I used to order supplies for our crews . I would order lubricants and other canned products by the case . This one particular manufacturer would put all of the straws in an envelope and place it in the box . We always had a pile of those envelopes on the shelf . When I left I grabbed a handful . I'm good for a few decades I think .

Posts: 3970 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Come'on guys, it's not rocket science. A bag of 1,000 rubber bands for 2 bucks and you're good to go. geesh!

Although I do like the knitted holster idea. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
I just placed my straws in the grove on the top of the can. Fantastic idea. Hope it lasts.....

EasyFire

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post