SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People Who Pump Gas While Smoking A Cigarette
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People Who Pump Gas While Smoking A Cigarette Login/Join 
High standards,
low expectations
Picture of Surefire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
A local auto repair shop had a serious fire from using an incandescent light, probably one like this ...

working with gasoline. Apparently the bulb broke and the exposed filament, just before it burned out, ignited fumes. Always use a fluorescent or LED. They also don't get hot and burn you.

Trouble lights....good at falling on you, being in the way of your head, burning you, and, occasionally lighting fires. Big Grin

The reward for hard work, is more hard work arcwelder76, 2013

Posts: 5252 | Location: Edmonton AB, Canada | Registered: July 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never heard of this happening. Did not know it was against law to pump without attendant present. Hope he is OK. I have a feeling he will have trouble getting that money removed from the credit card. Here is the link:
http://www.nola.com/environmen...a_river_orleans_news

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ZSMICHAEL,

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

I could have sworn Mythbusters busted the static/vapor combustion thing. Anyone want to google it?

-Rob

I believe you are thinking of the cell phone/gas pump myth.

--
I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.

JALLEN 10/18/18
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...610094844#7610094844

Posts: 2362 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: March 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post