SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daylight Savings Time Login/Join 
posted
Daylight Savings Time. I hate it. That is all.

--------------------------------------

Posts: 3477 | Location: Central California | Registered: April 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Damn, I just moved one hour into the future at the blink of an eye. Eek

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Yep. Just got around to resetting the clock in the cruiser. Hoping dayshift remembers to come in.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I honestly don’t get the problem. Yeah, it can suck losing an hour of sleep (once a year), but it’s the weekend. Plan for it if you have to.

Otherwise, I vastly prefer it to be dark when I get to work in the morning and stay lighter longer in the evening when I’m actually out and about doing things. But then again, I’ve never been one to sleep in, so I suppose if you’re used to getting up when the sun smacks you in the face, it might be hard to adjust. To me, that would just mean I’ve already wasted hours of my day.

To each his own, I guess.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago I worked with a pharmacist who each time daylight savings time either came or went he was either a hour early or a hour late when we opened the pharmacy on Sunday morning.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
Never had the problem of being late or early because of it but, hate it just the same. Would not hurt my feelings if they would just put it on EDT or EST and just leave it alone.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate it when it gets dark early. I love it when it gets dark at 8pm. It makes it much easier to get yard work or to BBQ after work here and there.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I honestly don’t get the problem. Yeah, it can suck losing an hour of sleep (once a year), but it’s the weekend. Plan for it if you have to.

Otherwise, I vastly prefer it to be dark when I get to work in the morning and stay lighter longer in the evening when I’m actually out and about doing things. But then again, I’ve never been one to sleep in, so I suppose if you’re used to getting up when the sun smacks you in the face, it might be hard to adjust. To me, that would just mean I’ve already wasted hours of my day.

To each his own, I guess.

-Rob

+1

Posts: 1563 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20303 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thawed out,
thrown out
posted Hide Post
I'm living in Iceland. Went to change my watch and noticed the clock on my phone didn't change. Looked it up and turns out they don't change their clocks here. So much nicer than the gain an hour/lose an hour in the US.

Posts: 124 | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
What I hate about it: Adjusting the time display of my microwave and oven. Both tedious operations. Wish that all digital clocks had a DST on/off switch.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8856 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
I hate it because it feels wrong to me. I have to go to bed fairly early, as I get up at 4:30am for work, and it just makes me feel like I am missing that hour. Having the sun seemingly still be shining at a later time makes it harder to get to bed to get enough sleep.
I loved it when we didn’t have to change clocks.

Posts: 1124 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
What I hate is having to set an alarm to wake up at 1AM to move the clocks ahead...I can never get back to sleep Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we need to move dst to 4pm on Friday....there’s a useless hour that won’t be missed. Sleep ya, I’m gonna miss that.

Posts: 199 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:
I think we need to move dst to 4pm on Friday....there’s a useless hour that won’t be missed. Sleep ya, I’m gonna miss that.

Move the spring one to Friday 4:00PM.
Keep the fall one as is.

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wandering, but
not lost...I think
Picture of brywards
posted Hide Post
I loathe DST. To make matters worse, I’m in Germany and my fiancé is in CST zone of Florida. Germany does DST two weeks after America. By the time I get used to the DST-adjusted time difference between us now, Germany will DST and I’ll have to readjust!

Posts: 2715 | Location: West Texas | Registered: January 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Daylight Wasting Time isn't a bad idea. Sure, it would be better to have it the same time all year, but when they tried that in Florida, they had a lot of school kids get ran over by the bus.

Put brighter bulbs on your car and you can see more when driving to work. Big Grin

Posts: 9112 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post