SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daylight Savings Time Login/Join 
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I don’t like it. Lived for 20 years in Arizona and got used to staying on MST year-round.

I'm weird, but I tend to regard "time" as an offset of UTC. AZ, for example, is UTC -7 [hours], all the time. Smile When you change to/from DST, you change your UTC offset. Eastern time moves between UTC -4 and UTC -5.

I was wary (more curious) about how I would react to it when we retired and moved to AZ. Like Tom, I very quickly acclimated to the single UTC offset, and much prefer it to moving the offset back and forth. I get up at 6:00 every morning. Some parts of the year, it is dark then, some parts it is light. No big deal. There are things you can do at 6:00am in the dark that are fun, likewise at 6:00am when it is light.

Some AZ small businesses do make an adjustment called "summer hours", where they open earlier and close earlier. This is not so much due to the light as it is to the heat (though they go hand-in-hand here).

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post