SIGforum
Daylight Savings Time

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/7990098834

March 11, 2018, 12:34 AM
redwood25
Daylight Savings Time
Daylight Savings Time. I hate it. That is all.

--------------------------------------
March 11, 2018, 12:54 AM
tatortodd

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
March 11, 2018, 03:00 AM
Damn, I just moved one hour into the future at the blink of an eye. Eek

Q

March 11, 2018, 03:30 AM
Chowser
Yep. Just got around to resetting the clock in the cruiser. Hoping dayshift remembers to come in.

Not minority enough!
March 11, 2018, 06:11 AM
egregore

March 11, 2018, 06:19 AM
BurtonRW
I honestly don’t get the problem. Yeah, it can suck losing an hour of sleep (once a year), but it’s the weekend. Plan for it if you have to.

Otherwise, I vastly prefer it to be dark when I get to work in the morning and stay lighter longer in the evening when I’m actually out and about doing things. But then again, I’ve never been one to sleep in, so I suppose if you’re used to getting up when the sun smacks you in the face, it might be hard to adjust. To me, that would just mean I’ve already wasted hours of my day.

To each his own, I guess.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A
March 11, 2018, 07:29 AM
dwright1951
Years ago I worked with a pharmacist who each time daylight savings time either came or went he was either a hour early or a hour late when we opened the pharmacy on Sunday morning.
March 11, 2018, 07:35 AM
SIG 229R
Never had the problem of being late or early because of it but, hate it just the same. Would not hurt my feelings if they would just put it on EDT or EST and just leave it alone.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"
March 11, 2018, 07:42 AM
jimmy123x
I hate it when it gets dark early. I love it when it gets dark at 8pm. It makes it much easier to get yard work or to BBQ after work here and there.
March 11, 2018, 07:50 AM
Blue Dog
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I honestly don’t get the problem. Yeah, it can suck losing an hour of sleep (once a year), but it’s the weekend. Plan for it if you have to.

Otherwise, I vastly prefer it to be dark when I get to work in the morning and stay lighter longer in the evening when I’m actually out and about doing things. But then again, I’ve never been one to sleep in, so I suppose if you’re used to getting up when the sun smacks you in the face, it might be hard to adjust. To me, that would just mean I’ve already wasted hours of my day.

To each his own, I guess.

-Rob

+1
March 11, 2018, 07:57 AM
rduckwor

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.
March 11, 2018, 08:08 AM
StayFrosty
I'm living in Iceland. Went to change my watch and noticed the clock on my phone didn't change. Looked it up and turns out they don't change their clocks here. So much nicer than the gain an hour/lose an hour in the US.
March 11, 2018, 08:15 AM
Pipe Smoker
What I hate about it: Adjusting the time display of my microwave and oven. Both tedious operations. Wish that all digital clocks had a DST on/off switch.

Serious about crackers
March 11, 2018, 08:33 AM
m1009
I hate it because it feels wrong to me. I have to go to bed fairly early, as I get up at 4:30am for work, and it just makes me feel like I am missing that hour. Having the sun seemingly still be shining at a later time makes it harder to get to bed to get enough sleep.
I loved it when we didn’t have to change clocks.
March 11, 2018, 08:39 AM
Bisleyblackhawk
What I hate is having to set an alarm to wake up at 1AM to move the clocks ahead...I can never get back to sleep Frown

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet
March 11, 2018, 08:44 AM
mindustrial
I think we need to move dst to 4pm on Friday....there’s a useless hour that won’t be missed. Sleep ya, I’m gonna miss that.
March 11, 2018, 09:01 AM
senza nome
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:
I think we need to move dst to 4pm on Friday....there’s a useless hour that won’t be missed. Sleep ya, I’m gonna miss that.

Move the spring one to Friday 4:00PM.
Keep the fall one as is.
March 11, 2018, 09:09 AM
V-Tail

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
March 11, 2018, 09:27 AM
brywards
I loathe DST. To make matters worse, I’m in Germany and my fiancé is in CST zone of Florida. Germany does DST two weeks after America. By the time I get used to the DST-adjusted time difference between us now, Germany will DST and I’ll have to readjust!
March 11, 2018, 10:03 AM
.38supersig
Daylight Wasting Time isn't a bad idea. Sure, it would be better to have it the same time all year, but when they tried that in Florida, they had a lot of school kids get ran over by the bus.

Put brighter bulbs on your car and you can see more when driving to work. Big Grin