SIGforum
McCain & Graham

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/230601935/m/7990088124

March 30, 2017, 10:04 AM
cne32507
McCain & Graham
They are media whores. On camera nearly everyday. They each must have staff that schedules them. They spout something conta so the MSM interviews. I think they are addicted to it. Trying to seem relevant while everyone knows they are not. Just tired of them.
March 30, 2017, 10:16 AM
bigwagon
It's not just them. The media is addicted to putting members on Congress on the air to spew whatever drivel they have on their minds that day and reporting it as "breaking news."
March 30, 2017, 12:32 PM
Aquabird
Yeah, and I for one usually turn the channel when I see one of those two faces.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member
March 30, 2017, 01:48 PM
Jim Shugart
Concerning Lindsey Graham:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVDN8yR3ig0

(Stolen from another thread.)

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw
March 30, 2017, 06:12 PM
egregore
Stupid 17th Amendment. Razz

Some quick reading revealed that at the original constitutional convention, only one member favored direct election of senators. Those old dead white guys must have been onto something. Also, the amendment was passed the same year (1913) as the 16th, which levies income tax. Coincidence?
April 02, 2017, 07:18 PM
clipper1
ALSO 1913 was the beginning of the Federal Reserve system. Not a good year for the United States.
April 02, 2017, 07:26 PM
arlen
Graham and McCain are RINOs. They are not true patriotic Americans, but, rather, are self-serving politicians. I truly believe that McCain has serious mental issues.

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================
April 03, 2017, 12:43 PM
mesabi
Caught some highlights of the Sunday news programs last night after a busy weekend where McCain was spouting-off about the Russians interfering in our election process: "We don't know how or why they did it..."

WTF?! They interfered, but you don't know how? I hope senility is gentler with me than it is with McCain.
April 03, 2017, 12:50 PM
SIGnified
Term Limits

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein
April 17, 2017, 04:40 AM
dwright1951
Extreme butt hurt! McCain is pissed that Trump got elected president and he didn't and Graham thinks that he should have been the republican's choice (even though he made a very poor showing) so he is going to be a negative voice.
April 17, 2017, 07:45 AM
I never liked McCain in spite of his war record which is all in the past.

What has he done lately to help this country?? Extreme butt hurt is right. Maybe we get lucky and his health will take him out.

April 17, 2017, 12:37 PM
Gustofer
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Term Limits

And repeal of the 17th.

April 17, 2017, 01:45 PM
BBMW
Graham got it done by blocking Obama's SCOTUS nominee, and getting Gorsuch on the bench. So at least for the moment, I'm okay with him.
April 23, 2017, 08:50 AM
joel9507
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
They are media whores. On camera nearly everyday. They each must have staff that schedules them. They spout something conta so the MSM interviews. I think they are addicted to it. Trying to seem relevant while everyone knows they are not. Just tired of them.

These guys use the publicity and the media uses them.

The mainstream talking heads love to find non-conservative RINOs to trot out when it suits their purpose. Whenever they need nonsense that agrees with their narratives to put out labeled with an (R), they know who to put the mic in front of.
April 23, 2017, 09:44 AM
2BobTanner
Direct election of Senators by the populace was never supposed to happen. Senators represent the various States and were to follow the directions of the State Legislatures as determined by the populace of that State as a whole. Now the Senators are nothing more than supernumeraries (over powered Representatives).

The Senate was one of the last vistages of the federated Republic that the USA was designed to be, and that's why the Electoral College must remain as is.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken