SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Not True to Size
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not True to Size Login/Join 
posted
First world problems.

I ordered a well-reviewed shoulder brace off of Amazon. Most of the reviews said the item was true to size, and it's measured off of your chest. The brace is actually designed for motocross so it has a detachable hard plastic shell, so I figured it could be useful when I go to drill each month.

Anyway, I have a 33" chest. The sizing chart lists 30"-36" as being a small. So, naturally I ordered the small. It arrived today, and the strap is about 4-5" too short to go around my chest.

Thankfully it's an item sold BY Amazon, so I should have the replacement tomorrow. I went ahead with the medium, but now I have a feeling I may need a large. BUT, with the way my luck works, if I went straight to the large, it would have been huge.

Bah, humbug.

My one concern (may be totally unfounded, I won't know until tomorrow) is about the protective plate. Even if I get the right brace size, my fear is that the plates increase in size as well...so I may have to mix and match a medium brace plate with a large harness or something. We'll have to see.

I've just had a run of bad luck with Amazon lately (none of it their fault, though). Of my last three orders, all of them have been sized incorrectly or arrived broken.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
Why do you think you need a shoulder brace for drill?

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I was at JC Penneys and there was a sale on underwear. I normally wear Hanes boxer-briefs but decided to try a different brand, in the same size.
No. No they are not the same size. You know those angry people you encounter every now and then and you wonder wtf is wrong w/ them? I'm convinced they wear this brand of underwear.

Did I throw them away? No. They are my underwear reserves.
-That moment when I discover all my first and second string underwear is in the laundry and I'm down to these. Woe is me.

Posts: 7319 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGguy229:
Why do you think you need a shoulder brace for drill?

I have impingement syndrome as a result of a LOD injury I sustained several years ago.

----------
The first 100 people to make it out alive...get to live.

Posts: 1277 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post