SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Do NOT let Home Depot forklift drivers load your pickup!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do NOT let Home Depot forklift drivers load your pickup! Login/Join 
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OMCHamlin:

So if you didn't bother reporting it to management, why is it worth telling us?

I should think that we are a great deal more fun to discuss it with than management would be.

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:

So that you don't repeat the same mistake twice? Some of us are slow learners, myself included.

Posts: 10823 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
if you didn't bother reporting it to management, why is it worth telling us?
I certainly appreciate a "heads-up" when somebody has experienced a problem. I might want to know about it in order to avoid the same problem myself.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brecaidra:
quote:

I should think that we are a great deal more fun to discuss it with than management would be.

That's usually the case. How ya been?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
OK, I understand you don't like somebody else to cause damage, but ... it's a truck. The bed and wheel wells are eventually going to get scratched and dinged up if you carry anything in it, which is what we normally buy trucks for.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
OK, I understand you don't like somebody else to cause damage, but ... it's a truck. The bed and wheel wells are eventually going to get scratched and dinged up if you carry anything in it, which is what we normally buy trucks for.

Which is precisely why I didn't pitch a fit. The truck is 5 years old and has been used as a truck the whole time. Dings, dents and scratches are part of the job.

There's a difference between an accident and carelessness tho.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might be worth the extra money to get all you need delivered.

Posts: 12580 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

That is some twisted logic.

Just because a vehicle happens to be able to carry cargo (e.g.$40,000+ truck) doesn't mean its okay for an incompetent forklift driver to punch holes in the tail lights of the vehicle they are loading.

I (and many, if not most others) have managed to haul cargo without trashing a vehicle for 20+ years.

Your statement would be the equivalent of saying that a warehouse forklift driver putting the forks through the side of a semi van trailer is standard operating procedure......

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
I was picking up some Steel for a workbench build in a brand new $15k cargo trailer I had just picked up from the dealer. I told the loaders to be careful loading as the trailer was new. The response I got from one of the loaders... "it's a trailer, it's going to get beat up anyway" what a douche.

Reminds me of the current Chevy commercials. “yep, just another chapter in the story", the response to a hole in the tailgate. "Yep, just another $1500 off the value of a truck I still owe on" is more like it.

I really don't get this attitude.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The don'y build them like they used too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1gcC6RiB-I

See the doors still work.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post