SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Seller on GunBroker Changing terms of sale
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seller on GunBroker Changing terms of sale Login/Join 
Picture of IndianaMike
posted
I seen a S&W 686 Pro listed no Reserve ,Sale price Includes free shipping and Credit card fees. ( stated in the Description ) So on the 5/15 I put a bid in for the amount I wanted be at when the serious people start bidding. So I can weigh my options. Bingo I am high bidder. on the 18th They add Information in item Description.( Sorry for any confusion but only the Buy It Now price gets free shipping and credit card fees. Thank you
Information above was added on 5/18/2017 7:43:19 PM),
Emails with seller is not going well, and GB is not returning my emails

after our emails I don't want to purchase from this buyer any advise from the Forum members ?

Posts: 1601 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
If you feel like the free shipping that was pulled is a deal breaker than cancel your bid.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:
If you feel like the free shipping that was pulled is a deal breaker than cancel your bid.

it is a deal breaker and the way they have handled it is awful. And I do NOT want to do business with this seller.
I have asked for my bid to be retracted but the way I read it only the seller can do this!

Posts: 1601 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dispute the transaction with the credit card company.

Posts: 17141 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndianaMike:
quote:
Originally posted by remsig:

it is a deal breaker and the way they have handled it is awful. And I do NOT want to do business with this seller.
I have asked for my bid to be retracted but the way I read it only the seller can do this!

This is from Gunbroker:

You cannot retract a bid once you place it unless there are exceptional circumstances.

Exceptional circumstances include:

The seller materially changing the description of the item after you placed a bid
Clear typographical errors in the auction description
A data entry mistake while bidding (for example, you bid $40,000 instead of $400)

I would consider the revision as changing the description and would not pay if you won the auction. You may risk getting negative feedback but I'd fight it with Gunbroker.

Also, if you aren't the only bidder, perhaps someone else will outbid you and it would be a moot point anyways at that point.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
They certainly changed the proposition after you placed your bid. Shipping and CC charges aren't simply typographical errors.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19656 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
They certainly changed the proposition after you placed your bid. Shipping and CC charges aren't simply typographical errors.

I agree. Dealt with Gunbroker a fair bit. Have you checked how much negative feedback the seller has had? If they will not take those charges off, cancel it with your credit card company and if the Seller has negative feedback for you simply state the above. In fact I would tell the Seller the same. Let us know how this turns out. Gunbroker prefers to not get involved which is generally the case. If you are comfortable post the name of the Seller here.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
You expect GB to be helpful?

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31432 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
If it comes down to it, and your are the winner, don't pay. You are on the right, and if they left negative feedback, leave one back with your explanation. They can't escape from the truth.

Q

Posts: 26371 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I located the probable Seller. He has all positive feedback. I had a few issues in the past and have worked them out with the seller via a brief phone conversation. Phone is better than email in these situations. I doubt he will want negative feedback, but is waiting to see if there are higher bidders. It should work out for you. See what happens when the auction ends.

Posts: 17228 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do... or do not.
There is no try.
Picture of fau
posted Hide Post
How much is the shipping?

Posts: 2736 | Registered: March 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Military Arms Collector
Picture of darkest2000
posted Hide Post
Seller is NOT allowed to change their terms after a bid has been placed.

That means the listed terms actually still apply, because that's what is official despite what the seller tries to say after the fact.

If the seller tries to say otherwise he would be in violation of GB terms and you'd not be obligated to complete the transaction.

Posts: 10833 | Location: Orange County, CA, USA | Registered: March 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I killed a deal on GB for this same reason and GB eventually saw it my way. But that happened like 8 years ago. Seller had a half dozen S&W 4506's up and I was the winner of one. He had free shipping on it until I got it for the minimum bid. Suddenly, he's got a $30 shipping charge on it, which makes it almost exactly the BIN price. I tried being nice with him, but he wasn't being cooperative at all, and I told him flat out the deal was off, as far as I was concerned. I would buy it for what I bid, and that was it, it wasn't my problem that he didn't get the BIN price, and he should ship it for free, as he had stated originally. He called me up and yelled at me, calling me a kid (I was 52!), and I just told him the deal was off, over and over again. He apparently put up a negative feedback on me, but GB removed it. The gun went back up a week later, with the same BIN price and $15 shipping and someone bought it. He soon was gone though, after several negative feedbacks where buyers complained that the pics he took hid serious flaws.

Posts: 214 | Location: Ohio | Registered: January 01, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In my opinion, Gunbroker had made it more difficult to check someone's feedback. They changed the feedback format making it harder to get to and I can't get it to display at all on my tablet, I have to use my desktop .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
If it comes down to it, and your are the winner, don't pay. You are on the right, and if they left negative feedback, leave one back with your explanation. They can't escape from the truth.

Did this once with an auction there. The seller may try to put you a list as a non paying buyer or something along those lines.
Dispute it with GB. I got mine taken off, left him very negative feedback and haven't been back since.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
In my opinion, Gunbroker had made it more difficult to check someone's feedback. They changed the feedback format making it harder to get to and I can't get it to display at all on my tablet, I have to use my desktop .

Yeah I've noticed this too. I find it almost impossible to see my own feedback

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:

I can see all of my feedback...and all of the feedback I have left...back to 2003...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
quote:
Originally posted by SR025:
quote:

I can see all of my feedback...and all of the feedback I have left...back to 2003...

But probably not as easily as in the past .

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
I had a situation last year with a Beretta the seller couldn't make up his mind if the serial number was the same on the frame as the slide. Eek I pulled out and GB SHUT ME DOWN FROM USING THEIR SITE! I appealed it and found out this particular seller wasn't 100% truthful, they reversed their decision with me. Sh#% sometimes happens Mad

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What happened with the deal?