SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Prednisone side effects, and musings on a month of pneumonia symptoms.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prednisone side effects, and musings on a month of pneumonia symptoms. Login/Join 
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Hooooooo, boy.... My wife has been home from work the last three days (sorry, Tom, you’re gonna have to pick another time to try to swoop), and went to the clinic today to get diagnosed with strep and she’s on the exact same course of Z-Pack and Prednisone. It’s like a relay race now.

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:...

Sigmonkey, I can’t even comprehend that kind of dosage of this stuff. They’d have to put me in restraints or something. ...

I had a virus that caused my immune system (that is already pretty much pegged to the hyper side) to mark all my platelets and bad and my Spleen & Co. wiped them out.

(long story redacted...)

But, yeah, 4 hours sleep on a good night, the desire to eat anything that did not eat me first, and to say I was a "little intense and unfiltered" would be kind to the memory of things.

I went from a normal of 165 to 210, lost all muscle mass and tone, lost my "superman" vision (I could see and identify aircraft out to 26 miles, verified), my memory, joints, connective tissue and ability to stay focused and loss of short term (and now long term) memory, I cannot complain, as I have had fifteen more years that the Docs, thought I was going to have, and have been blessed many times over in that time.

So, as frustrating and aggravating as it can be, I am still, and always my CUT.

And I hope anyone who ever has to endure steroids, have better outcome, and those who never have, never will.

Thanks for the OP, and I will keep you in continued prayer to get 100% past whatever got you.

Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

I take a Medrol Dose Pack (prednisolone) every three months (the most often permitted by my physician). This eases the pain in my long term sciatia. Dangerous surgery is my only other option (access to spine via a front abdominal incision, to dremel off a bone spur that is impinging on the nerve).

The first two days of the dose pack (the six and then the 5 tablets) give me a little trouble sleeping, but after that all is well. It does work, and the pain relief lasts for a couple or more weeks after the 6 days of doses are over.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Thanks for the OP, and I will keep you in continued prayer to get 100% past whatever got you.

Smile

I thank you, sir. You don’t need to hear it from me, but you’re good people and I appreciate the conversations we get to have here and there. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post