SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Cauliflower "Rice" Is An Abomination!
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cauliflower "Rice" Is An Abomination! Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
Haven’t eaten cauliflower rice, but I’d probably like it. I’ve liked all forms of cauliflower that I’ve had, including raw.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
rice is evil

?

Maybe because it’s said to have some arsenic?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8851 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
^^^^^^^

Got some big plans for that extra 2 months you'll live by giving up the real stuff?

Yep, keeping my feet and eyesight as long as possible.

I liked riced cauliflower. I like all those chopped up, microwave in the bag veggies. I don't like the price however, so I don't buy them much any more.

Posts: 21052 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

Heck if I know. That is undoubtedly news to the billions of people who cultivate and consume it as a staple crop.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use shredded cabbage coleslaw mix for stir fry instead of rice. And I do buy high quality prepared salads and vegetables cause I'll be damned if I'll prep it and have to eat it, too. I'm trying to keep my vision and feet, too.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
At Jacob's Well
Picture of jaaron11
posted Hide Post
My wife makes a cilantro lime cauliflower rice that's pretty tasty. The kids even like it.

J

Rak Chazak Amats

Posts: 5281 | Location: SW Missouri | Registered: May 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
^^^^^^^

Got some big plans for that extra 2 months you'll live by giving up the real stuff?

OK. If a person is diabetic and having a difficult time controlling their glucose levels, I understand that. I'd do whatever I could to avoid future problems. For the average person, consuming a half cup of rice, potatoes, whatever a few times a week isn't going to get you anywhere CLOSE to blind or footless.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

I'm trying to keep my vision
They always told me that if I didn't quit, I would go blind. I never knew that they were talking about eating rice.

I thought . . . Never mind.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cas:
quote:
^^^^^^^

OK. If a person is diabetic and having a difficult time controlling their glucose levels, I understand that. I'd do whatever I could to avoid future problems. For the average person, consuming a half cup of rice, potatoes, whatever a few times a week isn't going to get you anywhere CLOSE to blind or footless.

Because some people enjoy being healthy and aren't toddlers who don;t need to be coerced into eating healthy vegetables.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But it’s good for you! I worked at MD Anderson Cancer Center late 80s early 90s. Not a medical person, (procurement) but had the opportunity to attend a series of in depth lectures on state of cancer medicine as part of preparation as a volunteer member of “speakers bureau”.

Found out that the center was doing serious research on the anti cancer properties of “cruciferous” vegetables (cauliflower , broccoli, cabbage etc.).

Primary focus was on colon cancer prevention. Research indicated a statistical advantage.

That was over 20 years ago. Checked wiki today and research seems to hold.

Keep eating that cali rice!

Posts: 1605 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: April 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I don't eat a ton of rice, but if I had to leave it out of my diet, I'd just skip it. I would not try to substitute cauliflower for it. I like cauliflower, but not as a substitute for rice.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:

Heck if I know. That is undoubtedly news to the billions of people who cultivate and consume it as a staple crop.

“…For a number of reasons, rice may accumulate a significant amount of inorganic arsenic (the more toxic form) from the environment…”

https://www.healthline.com/nut...nic-in-rice#section1

Serious about crackers

Picture of shiftyvtec
posted Hide Post
Ugh, this stuff is the worst substitute for rice ever. I've never eaten baby shit, but this "rice" would be a dead ringer for it flavor wise if I had to guess.

Posts: 1568 | Location: Near Austin, TX | Registered: December 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
My wife makes it with tomatoes. I can handle about 2-3 servings and no more.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post