SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Why take a restroom stall right beside me when there are many other open ones?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Why take a restroom stall right beside me when there are many other open ones? Login/Join 
Back in Black
posted
Never fails, happens all the time at work. There is a whole line of open stalls and I select the least offensive and start to poop. Then some clown comes in and sits right beside me and begins making a racket and stinking up the place. Why not go a few stalls down and give us both some space? I can't think of any reason these guys like to snuggle up in the stalls with a bathroom buddy unless they enjoy the odor of feces. It's like those people on the highway that need to drive side by side with someone else, except much smellier.

Posts: 1147 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: January 23, 2005Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
keep your feet inside the stall area at all times!

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I agree, I'm trying to play World Of Tanks here. Inconsiderate bastards

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Report This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I don't like it either. All I can figure is that they have a "favorite stall" and will go there no matter what the current usage configuration is..

I've gone into the restroom at work and if 4 of the 5 stalls are busy - I leave and come back later if at all possible. I don't want to sit beside or between other people being smelly.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
You greatly overestimate the awareness of 98% of the people walking amongst us.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Not as bad as taking a pee in a urinal and a guy sets up at the one next to you when there are others open down the line. WTF!

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'd prefer people didn't set up camp right next to me, but it doesn't bother me enough to post about it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
Not as bad as taking a pee in a urinal and a guy sets up at the one next to you when there are others open down the line. WTF!

Hell, that alone is worth two and a half strikes on that dude's Man Card.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jim

And then try to strike up a conversation with you. Weirdos.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Report This Post
The 2nd guarantees the 1st
Picture of fiasconva
posted Hide Post
People are creatures of habit. I bet each of you usually use the same stall every time you go in. He has his and you have yours.

"Even if the world were perfect it wouldn't be." ... Yogi Berra

Posts: 1857 | Location: York County, VA | Registered: August 25, 2007Report This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That’s why I frequent the single unit bathrooms in my building.

Makes me feel super important, too.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17248 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Report This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
This thread cracks me up. I've actually gone to one of those lower kids urinals just so I don't stand next to someone.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fiasconva:
People are creatures of habit. I bet each of you usually use the same stall every time you go in. He has his and you have yours.
Not remotely.

OP, bring a bag of fake vomit next time and make a puking south and throw it on the floor / on this dudes stall.

https://www.wikihow.com/Make-Fake-Vomit

That'll learn the MF'er.

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

Yep, that's what I'm talking about. Eek

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
What impeccable timing. This happened to me yesterday at work and I thought the same thing!!! Plenty of open stalls, stay away from me.

Posts: 1694 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
You can just FF to 7:30 for how this should end.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzO1mCAVyMw

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
Scenario 1- 3 stalls, guy before you is in the middle one. Either stall you select puts you next to him.

Scenario 2- Of the stalls unoccupied, one or more are either out of service, left so nasty by the previous occupant, or out of toilet paper that the only viable alternative is to use the stall next to the occupied one.

But yeah, if the stalls / urinals available allow for separation, then you chose your own space and leave me to mine.

The one exception that I'll make is if I happen to use the restroom at the same time with a good friend or close co-worker and we are having a conversation before entering the Men's Room, in which case we may stand next to each other at the urinal and continue the conversation...or not. This possible exception does not extend to stalls...if I'm in my "office" then it's time to take care of "business" and all conversations/ communications are put on hold.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Report This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
He's got a wide stance...

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Report This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
testing the waters...

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Report This Post