SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Kirkland TP in the house, Oh the Joy of The Holiday Season!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kirkland TP in the house, Oh the Joy of The Holiday Season! Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
I’m almost out of TP completely

Not to preach from my ivory tower (of TP rolls)... But why did you not stock up when it was readily available in the preceding months? It's not expensive, it doesn't take up really any room to store, and it doesn't eat anything or make messes.

Same with all the shooters bemoaning the current lack of ammo, after it being readily available for years and everyone strongly recommending to "stock up while it's quiet".

It's not even like you're a brand new gun owner who didn't know to stock up... You didn't just get into wiping your butt only to discover that TP can have shortages. (Or did you? Big Grin)

You make too many ass-umptions. One it's gone forever. Two, I was out of town for 3 weeks straight. It was gone before I left, and when I got back. For fuksakes man. Aren't we all on the same team here? You won't find me bitching about finding ammunition, ever.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Costco Kirkland TP is my go to brand.

I’m sitting on about 50 rolls right now, we are at Costco 2-3x a month. They seem to have it in stock at least every other visit.

I don’t hoard it, but I also don’t wait till the last few rolls to buy it.

Proper planning prevents pooper paper poverty positions.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I never imagined how psychic I was.

My friends have always said when the Apocalypse comes they are coming to my house.

I have always said for like 20 years now,
“You show up at my house you better have two things.”

They always ask “ammo???”

My reply is always...

“No, you show up you bring bourbon and toilet paper.”

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Got thosands of squares and rounds. Stocked deep on both. Both have a long shelf life.

I can ass-ure you the TP will be in stock before the ammo.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
we have plenty and the pantry is full of food too, my wife is so awesome. I load the bullets she takes care of the household perfect combination.

Posts: 5587 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those that prefer the 4.5" wide sheets to the current 3.8" or 4", here are a couple of links:

Georgia Pacific 16560 Angel Soft
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tork TM6510
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C...ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

They aren't premium-plush-super-soft-use-one-sheet-as-pillow toilet paper, but they are good 2-ply paper that hotels use.

For $1(or less)/roll shipped I think these are really good deals for the quality of the products.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
quote:

Not to preach from my ivory tower (of TP rolls)... But why did you not stock up when it was readily available in the preceding months? It's not expensive, it doesn't take up really any room to store, and it doesn't eat anything or make messes.

Same with all the shooters bemoaning the current lack of ammo, after it being readily available for years and everyone strongly recommending to "stock up while it's quiet".

It's not even like you're a brand new gun owner who didn't know to stock up... You didn't just get into wiping your butt only to discover that TP can have shortages. (Or did you? Big Grin)

You make too many ass-umptions. One it's gone forever. Two, I was out of town for 3 weeks straight. It was gone before I left, and when I got back. For fuksakes man. Aren't we all on the same team here? You won't find me bitching about finding ammunition, ever.

In case you missed it, no charge, I’ll send you a few rolls of Charmin to covet. Send an email I’ll send you chocolate starfish cleaner.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Bean, thank you for the offer. No worries, and no need. Toto’s are going in over the winter and I’ll never use TP at the house again. Was already planned before all this began. Appreciate the offer sir.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One consequence of the TP shortage is the annoying commercial for TUSHY. You see it once you will never forget it.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
One consequence of the TP shortage is the annoying commercial for TUSHY. You see it once you will never forget it.

Do NOT search for Tushy! Yikes!

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We've come a long way as a country. Use to be that just getting a Sears Catalog to wipe with was a joyous occasion. You could save the corncobs for when it was critical and the Sears Catalog was all gone.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UpTheIrons
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

THIS! This is exactly what I did after the last run on TP. Every month after that when we went to Costco/Sams Club, we bought a rack of the TP and paper towels. I now have several of each on hand and can ride out the recent panic buyers.

BTW- I was a the Costco closest to me yesterday and they had plenty of TP and paper towels in the Kirkland brand, so I guess the panic is easing up, at least in northern Phoenix anyway.

“I used to be totally into Steve Vai and Joe Satriani and other shredders, and I tried to emulate what they did and really grow as a guitarist,” Mr. Hanneman said in “Louder Than Hell.” “Then I said, ‘I don’t think I’m that talented, but more important, I don’t care.’ ”

Posts: 1726 | Location: Arizona Territory | Registered: February 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Costco trip today, took advantage of the “Seniors only” early hour entry.

Pallets upon pallets of Kirkland brand shitter paper to be had, limit 1 pack.

Just two pallets of Kirkland paper towels, limit 1 as well.

Just like ammo, buy it when it’s available. We’ve got a good 6-month supply of each now, but if the crazy keeps going will buy more next month as available.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10928 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Thankfully everything had come back over the last several months. Some people probably call me a hoarder but I buy in bulk and when things are on sale and that keeps me from needing to buy when things are hard to find. And I never have to buy the last package of anything. I found TP back in stock in August or so and my favorite brand was on sale so I bought the biggest pack they had. I’m probably good for a year or so now.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Something is missing from the Amazon pages. Don't they usually have a "used" option?

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
Something is missing from the Amazon pages. Don't they usually have a "used" option?

Don't squeeze that Charmin!

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
Question:
At what point does one cross the line from 'one who plans ahead' to a (despised) hoarder of paper products? Perhaps phrase in term of expected need - 1 week, 1 month, 2 months, 6 months, 1 year, etc.

Let's expand to paper towel as well as TP.

BTW, still having a problem finding cleaning wipes and when I do they seem to go home with my mother-in-law or one of my daughters(some of that is planned - not entirely unexpected). LOL

Anyone seeing cleaning wipes?

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see cleaning wipes often at different store. They usually have a limit of 1 or 2.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cleaning wipes are with the spray cans of Lysol disinfectant here. Invisible/unobtainable!

Lots of off brand paper products that I have never heard of or seen on store shelves before though.

Posts: 794 | Location: NW North Carolina | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post