SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Kirkland TP in the house, Oh the Joy of The Holiday Season!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kirkland TP in the house, Oh the Joy of The Holiday Season! Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Costco trip today, took advantage of the “Seniors only” early hour entry.

Pallets upon pallets of Kirkland brand shitter paper to be had, limit 1 pack.

Just two pallets of Kirkland paper towels, limit 1 as well.
I was at Costco today when it opened (I'm not eligible for seniors). Plenty of Kirkland TP and Charmin too. Plenty of facial tissues and dinner napkins too. However, paper towels were in short supply with no Kirkland and for Bounty I had to climb over an empty pallet to get one of the last packs.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife was quite pleased with herself today when she managed to get one of the last packages of Clorox wipes at our local Costco. A sense of achievement over buying a 5-pack of sanitary wipes; this world has indeed gone to hell in the proverbial hand basket.

-MG

Posts: 1989 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
gotta love first world problems!!

Posts: 7799 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Tabitha had orders to buy one pack of TP per pay period over the summer as I knew another hoarding session was coming.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Scored a 24 roll pack from Chinamart last night. Walked in at 10 minutes to close when they were restocking. That 24 pack roll of Charmin was like finding gold 100 years ago. Praise Jesus, back to the silk deuces.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12630 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am clearly a Luddite. I still prefer a rag and a spray bottle. I hate Clorox wipes. Or any similar reconstituted cleaning slash wiping product. I am no tree hugger and think 90% of “Green” nonsense is just that but it seems silly to prepackage a wipe when a rag and a spray bottle doesn’t ever dry out and can be reused ad infinitum.

As for tp, my wife has decreed, and I don’t disagree, that henceforth and for the foreseeable future we keep 3 packs of the big tp in our basement as a reserve. I think it’s kirkland brand but I’m not really a tp snob like some of you apparently. Although I type this currently sitting next to a roll of what only generously could be described as prison grade toilet paper. I do not know where my wife shops but apparently it might be the prison commissary.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pedropcola:
I am clearly a Luddite. I still prefer a rag and a spray bottle.

Next time, you might want to mention Chlorox wipes first, not 3 sentences later... For a second there, I thought you were talking about toilet paper. Big Grin

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lol. Good point rogue.

Posts: 7472 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post