SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Kirkland TP in the house, Oh the Joy of The Holiday Season!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kirkland TP in the house, Oh the Joy of The Holiday Season! Login/Join 
Picture of Prefontaine
posted
These jack wagon fuck stick mother fuckers hoarding toilet paper. Got damnit! When the pandemic began I had to use some Scotts or some other off brand TP and I didn’t enjoy it all. I think 2 or 3 months into the pandemic Costcos got Charmin back in. Remember those commercials when the big fella would say don’t squeeze the Charmin? I grabbed that 24 roll pack, and hugged it like it was Tom Brady’s wife. Well here we go again with this insane, fuckhead, hoarding, behavior. I’m almost out of TP completely so I’ve been on the lookout. Just like in the beginning of this “shit”, I thought I was going to do what I had to do as a kid when we ran out, get in that shower and spread em, prison style. No TP for weeks, or I should say no Charmin. I hit up let’s see, Target, Chinamart (Loathe that fucking place), 2 local grocery stores, TP isle was barren, nothing. I took a chance today on restocks, left my computer/job (WFH), kicked everything to my phone (I hate doing this, I like to work) and the Costcos had TP, but it’s Kirkland brand. In the beginning I put the off brand stuff in the guest bathroom and told guests to “deal with it, better than nothing” and then ultimately had to move it over to both bathrooms. Now I’m in the same predicament. I can deal with being stuck at home all the time. I can deal with everything closed. I can deal with the mask policies, but got damnit...when I take a shit I wants my Charmin! These fucking hoarders need to be whipped! Those last rolls of Charmin man, I’m going to be treating those rolls as pure gold. I mean the heart and soul is gone. Kill me now.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We prefer Kirkland and luckily I have one unopened pack that my wife made fun of me for buying. Our bathroom cabinets are stocked but I did not want to revert back to that industrial TP like before. She’s pretty happy I bought it now! Haven’t seen it in a while in store.

Kirkland reminds me of Northern. That extra thick Charmin is fine to use but I worry about our septic system.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Pre, I feel your pain. We ran out of charmin and had to get the Kirkland standard. (Kirkland did at one point gave one that was as good as Charmin, but I haven’t seen it around.)

Just before the second round of retardation and hoarding swept in, we bought a case of Charmin. So we are fortunately covered for a while.

That said, I truly understand your frustration. My email is in my profile. Email me your UPS address and I’ll ship you a couple rolls.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good rant.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I was in Costco a few days ago and noticed they had the Kirkland brand toilet paper back in stock.

Same price as usual, but I noticed the label read 380 sheets per roll.

It was 425 sheets per roll, I have an unopened case at home.

That works out to roughly a 10% difference.

Price didn't change. Quantity did.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Excellent bitch, excellent.

BTW, didn’t you know TP is the COVID cure? Apparently when the virus ramps up all you have to do is buy TP to protect yourself. It’s the secret. Same with flour and beans .. cures.

Posts: 5070 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
This is a crazy, mixed up world full of the dumbest people on the planet. We just drove from Montana to Florida to spend the winter in decent weather. We brought 6 rolls of quality TP with us. You gotta be kidding - packing TP to drive 3,000 miles. Well we did find a small package of Cottonelle in Sams Club but nothing else in Walmart or WinDixie. Stupid people everywhere.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Same price as usual, but I noticed the label read 380 sheets per roll.

It was 425 sheets per roll, I have an unopened case at home.

That works out to roughly a 10% difference.

Price didn't change. Quantity did.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I bet they do that with baked beans too! Most people do not pay attention. Attentive shopper you are!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I’ll trade you 1 sheet per 1 round of 9mm or .45. Razz.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
I’m almost out of TP completely

Not to preach from my ivory tower (of TP rolls)... But why did you not stock up when it was readily available in the preceding months? It's not expensive, it doesn't take up really any room to store, and it doesn't eat anything or make messes.

Same with all the shooters bemoaning the current lack of ammo, after it being readily available for years and everyone strongly recommending to "stock up while it's quiet".

It's not even like you're a brand new gun owner who didn't know to stock up... You didn't just get into wiping your butt only to discover that TP can have shortages. (Or did you? Big Grin)

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Buy once, wipe once....

Toto Washlet Bidet Heated Seat

You'll need an eye Pad charger in the bathroom, since you'll never leave the head again!

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Too expensive. This however is probably within budget.... Big Grin

https://www.costco.com/rapid-f...oduct.100402185.html

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
Buy once, wipe once....

Toto Washlet Bidet Heated Seat

You'll need an eye Pad charger in the bathroom, since you'll never leave the head again!

Once you go bidet, you won't go back.

I installed one of these prior to spinal fusion surgery.... no twisting, bending of lifting. We haven't purchased toilet paper since then and it.s life changing. Big Grin

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
Too expensive. This however is probably within budget.... Big Grin

https://www.costco.com/rapid-f...oduct.100402185.html

Even Better $39.95, butt, it's a cold water wash and no blow and go included, the out house model of bidets...

Bio Bidet

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I took hate that Kirkland crap and had to deal with a case of it a while back because Costco was out of Charmin. I bought a case of Charmin at Costco 2 weeks ago, they had 10 packages left and are only letting you buy 1 package of toilet paper per membership per day. UUUUUGGGGHHHH.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Deniseair came across some of the "substitute" TP we got from Kroger sometime in spring. It was on a spindle when she used it, and she has deemed it unacceptable.

Reminded me of our daughter as a teen when we had somehow gotten some crappy single ply Sam's sandpaper TP. She walked out of bathroom, looked at us both and asked "Are we poor now?" This was apparently based solely on the TP downgrade..... Smile

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Misanthropic Philanthrope
Picture of MWC
posted Hide Post
Wow, a bunch of tender buttholes here.RazzRazzRazz

Posts: 6772 | Registered: June 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Two of our three commodes are fitted with bidets. The third has plenty of Charmin (ultra soft as well as super strong). Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
What’s that saying about ammunition? Goes something like “ Buy when it’s there so you’ll have some when it isn’t”

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post