SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 ... 467
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Chowser, if you send me your address I'll send you a coupon for a free bag of Precise Kitten Food and a $5.00 coupon for your second bag.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Good job Chowser!!! The kitten looks infinitely friendlier in the video than the cruiser pics.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Chowser, you have yourself a buddy! Thanks man, well done.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12748 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
I stopped five lanes of traffic to rescue this little cutie

That put a smile on my face. Smile

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
^^ that's awesome

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
Awesome pic indeed, one happy cat. And I hate to be 'that guy' but why isn't he fixed?

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
You know what that kitty in the video really wants? He wants a momma cat to lick his fur and clean him. Watch a mother and her kittens. Its how they bond. You could imitate it by using your thumb or a finger and rubbing its head and ears. Just slower. You'll know when its had enough, it'll just walk away and curl up for a nap.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
World Traveler
Picture of codemaster
posted Hide Post
Things cats do, but done by humans.

http://wifc.com/blogs/pets/92/...by-a-manits-spot-on/

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world -- "No, YOU move."

Posts: 6416 | Location: Herding aircraft in Jordan. | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffreyD103
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigma Sig:
He will be...

Thank you.

Every couple of months I take a ride over to the Berks County Animal Rescue League and go look at the cats and kittens. There's usually plenty to look at unfortunately.

One spring a few years back I went in there and there must've been twenty or thirty kittens, they were in cages and carriers all over the room. It was surreal.

I commented to one of the girls who work there and she turned around and snapped at me that if she saw one more kitten in here she was gonna lose it. Whoa.

Because we all know what happens to them if they don't go home with someone. And every cute little kitten that gets adopted leaves an adult behind who doesn't.

You gotta sterilize your pets.

----------------------------------------------------------
Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Posts: 688 | Location: Reading, Penna. | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JeffreyD103:
quote:
Originally posted by kkina: All black cats are tabbies (tiger stripes). If you look at any "black" cat carefully, you can see the stripes. That is, however, the best example I've yet seen.

I did not know that.

I believe it's when the recessive gene for the stripe backround color is also black, thus you have black-on-black. Black panthers, too, are actually leopards with a black backround.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffreyD103
posted Hide Post
Hey SS, I didn't mean you.

I meant youse.

----------------------------------------------------------
Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Posts: 688 | Location: Reading, Penna. | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
well, there will probably be a complaint tomorrow about abuse of power or something because I stopped five lanes of traffic to rescue this little cutie <<snip>>

Well done, and thank you sir!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure about the black cats thing. I live with 3 of them. And I spend way too much time watching and petting them. I do know that the daughter black longhair isn't really black, she's a dark red. When the sun shines on her, you see the red glow. But no stripes.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I know this is fundamentally unfair, but it's much more important to sterilize the females. If you sterilize a female and miss a male, there are a lot or kittens that aren't going to be born. If you sterilize a male and miss a female, there's always another male somewhere who'll do the job.

It only takes one to knock up all the females in an area. And you'll never get all the males.

quote:
Originally posted by JeffreyD103:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigma Sig:
He will be...

Thank you.

Every couple of months I take a ride over to the Berks County Animal Rescue League and go look at the cats and kittens. There's usually plenty to look at unfortunately.

One spring a few years back I went in there and there must've been twenty or thirty kittens, they were in cages and carriers all over the room. It was surreal.

I commented to one of the girls who work there and she turned around and snapped at me that if she saw one more kitten in here she was gonna lose it. Whoa.

Because we all know what happens to them if they don't go home with someone. And every cute little kitten that gets adopted leaves an adult behind who doesn't.

You gotta sterilize your pets.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chowser,

You're a good man.
Any complaints, send them to me. I'll gladly explain to them the error of their ways....

Mark Twain

Posts: 1414 | Location: Coastal Carolina | Registered: July 04, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Cute cat. Nice job with the rescue.

Is it feral? Would it let you handle it without drama?

He scratched me at worst and wouldn't let me near him (hence I decided to just shut traffic down before he got ran over). I finally scooped him up and we became fast friends. I was very reluctant as my last kitten rescue didn't survive, but at heart, I'm a softie. I rescued a bull mastiff mix last month that someone chained to a tree in the middle of nowhere (I wish hateful things on these people).

You did good.

Thank you for the little daily dose of increase-of-faith-in-humanity. Every little bit helps. Smile

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
I'm not sure about the black cats thing. I live with 3 of them. And I spend way too much time watching and petting them. I do know that the daughter black longhair isn't really black, she's a dark red. When the sun shines on her, you see the red glow. But no stripes.

Strange. I've had two blackies, and you could defintitely see the stripes in the right light. Maybe there's another gene mode for making all black cats, I wouldn't know. But Google it, it's a real phenomenon.

EDIT: OK, here we go from the bastion of informality, Wikipedia: "Most solid colored cats result from a recessive gene that suppresses the tabby pattern. Sometimes the tabby pattern is not completely suppressed; faint markings may appear in certain lights, even on a solid black cat." So most.

Black Cats

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
My 3 black cats look like solid black, but when they're sunning themselves on the deck, you can see a faint pattern.

Rocky update:
Got him to the vet yesterday. Approximately 6 weeks old. No ear mites but has a trace of mange. Definitely has worms which I saw. Inside of his ears were covered in motor oil so he was probably hiding in cars. Still a little shaky since he probably hasn't eaten in awhile before I got him.

Vet says he should be fine. I just have to fatten him up a little. No problems there.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post