SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... 468
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Truly hate people who toss pets out to fend for themselves. All of our cats and dogs have been acquired the same way - rescues. And they've all been GREAT pets. No reason to have tossed them out.

Pets don't have the skills to live on their own in the wild, particularly with foxes and coyotes and such hanging around...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Thanks guys. I have a soft spot for animals.

Smile

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your kind deeds, sir. I can't imagine anyone tossing a pet aside like that. He's beautiful.

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mr. Midnight

A fitting name. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
Thanks guys. I have a soft spot for animals. I've taken in cats, dogs, rabbits, a tortoise and a baby fox. ODNR wouldn't let me keep the alligator.

My daughter has named him Mr. Midnight.

No, not Midnight, Mister Midnight.

I call him Jinx Jr since I still have an older cat that looks like a chubbier version of him.

After being out in that cold and missing his family I'd bet you could call him Shithead and he'd love you for it.

That bottom pic says it all.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
God's smiles down on folks like you Chowser Smile

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Bless you. Rescue pets rule.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn Chowser, another one?

Bless you.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20813 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Kindness to animals in need reflects nobility of the spirit. Such act are some of the very best things about humanity.

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
413 pages showing how all of SigForum feels about its animals!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chowser:
Dispatchers, female records clerks and admin secretaries were my go to option for transfer of cats I rescued. I had to drive to multiple agencies to get it done but it worked. Kinda.
I still ended up with 10 + cats. Nice work with your new buddy.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spectemur Agendo
Picture of brecaidra
posted Hide Post
There is a whole series of this pair wearing different hats:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LufkpZy_idU

SIGforum's triple minority

"It can't rain all the time." - Eric Draven

Posts: 16993 | Location: IA | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
all 3 of my cats have 0 interest in a box or a paper bag,

all will jump in a suitcase tho,,

and put down a piece of tissue paper, and it is game on, instant cat magnet

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Mine equally enjoys a good bag or box anytime..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Meet Taff.

He got his name as my way of honoring a NCO who became a psychological casualty during the defense of CIMIC House, Al Amarah, Iraq by the British Army's Princess of Wales Royal Regiment (PWRR), Company Y. Taff took a pen-sized hunk of shrapnel in the center of his front plate. Despite being a solid NCO and soldier, it damaged his psyche and he was discharged from the army at his request.

I read his story in the book Sniper One by Sgt. Dan Mills. It's a great read about what would otherwise be another dusty, hot and forgotten battle where the British Army said "Hold this ground" and brave young men said "We shall."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sig2340,

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31427 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

Meet Taff.

No pic?

Regards, Will G.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
https://imgur.com/a/yasF3AU