SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 ... 468
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Stolen & re-posted to troll dog people Big Grin

(ETA: Nearly an hour later and I'm still chuckling at that Smile.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I miss the e-trade commercials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSIGGlOb8OU

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54608 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
Today marks the second birthday for Remy and Jazzy. They are a brother and sister we adopted from a local shelter group when they were nine weeks old. Some here may remember that we went through some trials and tribulations to get them, including a false positive Feline Leukemia test, but everything worked out in the end.

Remy, the brown tabby, is a bull in a china shop. He thinks that everything in the house is his, much to the chagrin of the other three cats. He has no filters, can talk up a storm and will cuddle up with us under the covers at night. He has a bit of a problem with feline asthma but it appears that we have that under control with the the help of the vet. Jazzy is a Lynx Point (Siamese/tabby mix) and is a very sweet, gentle and happy cat that likes to drink from the kitchen faucet. She is playful and will interact with anything that grabs her attention be it a ball, a drinking straw, a grocery bag, a door frame, and especially, a box. They are very much opposites in many ways but they still have that brother-sister bond.

Happy 2nd birthday, sweet kitties. Here's to many more.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Mboroman,

Posts: 562 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mboroman:
Today marks the second birthday for Remy and Jazzy.

Happy Birthday guys! I remember reading that thread, happy to hear they are doing well.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9144 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
My SIL lives an apt. in Redondo Beach (CA) and just adopted a found kitty. Now she has found a larger apt. and would like to move. The apt. has a no pet policy. Can she enroll her cat with one of these comfort animal sites and force them to accept the cat?

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
My SIL lives an apt. in Redondo Beach (CA) and just adopted a found kitty. Now she has found a larger apt. and would like to move. The apt. has a no pet policy. Can she enroll her cat with one of these comfort animal sites and force them to accept the cat?

First off, I hope to hell not. I wouldn't ever support any government or websites to force someone to change their business/rules. The company she's renting from has made the decision to market to non pet owners, no one should force them to accept kittens, no matter how adorable I think they are.

Also, probably a better for a different thread for this discussion too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43870 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
I hope to hell not.
While working on a long-term project out of town, I rented a small apartment. The lease specified "no pets."

The apartment complex was sold and the new leases did not have that stipulation. It was not very long before I was unable to walk across the lawn without stepping in piles of dog shit.

I informed the management office that I was moving out. They threatened to sue me, small claims court, for breaking the lease. I showed them my lease with the "no pets" clause, told them that they were the ones who broke the lease, told them that they either needed to refund my deposit or 'splain to my lawyer why they would not.

They gave me a check.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30650 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

^^^^
This reminds me of this:

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31430 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
Not trolling. SIL wants to MOVE to a different apt. complex and has asked me to research comfort animals.

Edit: found something: "Landlords and other housing providers in California may not refuse to make "reasonable accommodations" in their rules or policies if such accommodations are necessary to afford a person with a disability the equal opportunity to use and enjoy a house or apartment." linky

But let's not get bogged down in the cat thread with this shit. I'll just send her the info.

Thanks

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Haha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post