SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 ... 468
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
This handsome fellow we are calling Nick, showed up a few months ago on our front porch as a dinner guest.
(We regularly leave out a bowl of food for the neighborhood kitties.)

Long story short, he wasn't looking too well and we caught him and took him to our vet and had a bunch of tests performed.
No major issues other than malnourished.
Someone apparently abandoned him and left him to fend for himself. Mad
He was declawed and neutered so it was obvious he had been someone's pet.

He is now in one or our guest suites and recovering nicely. We are keeping an eye on him and he goes back for a retest in a couple of weeks.

A very sweet kitty although he is not looking happy in this picture. Smile

He's been through some hard living. Someone who would abandon a declawed cat is subhuman.
Head looks huge compared to the body. Must be from malnutrition.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
My cats are declawed (please save your flames) and my biggest fear is them getting out and not being able to protect themselves. I could never imagine what kind a fuckwad would abandon a declawed cat in the wild.

Thank you for giving Nick a new home, sir. I'm sure he will love you for it unconditionally.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffreyD103
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
This handsome fellow we are calling Nick, showed up a few months ago on our front porch as a dinner guest. ... we caught him and took him to our vet and had a bunch of tests performed.
No major issues other than malnourished. ... He was declawed and neutered so it was obvious he had been someone's pet.

He is now in one or our guest suites and recovering nicely. We are keeping an eye on him and he goes back for a retest in a couple of weeks. ...

Oh man, this story makes me happy... so, so many abandoned kitties here in Reading. I see them every day.

But here is one more heart-felt rescue. One more little life that was made better by someone's good will and benevolence. I know you can't save the world but you can still make some abandoned cat's life a little bit better. Smile

----------------------------------------------------------
Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Posts: 688 | Location: Reading, Penna. | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Landlord was here yesterday, saw him walk past my window wearing gloves and homemade "arm-gators", is the only way I could describe them, fabric duct taped around his arms; and a pet carrier.

I just had to investigate... And laugh at the spectacle.

Three former tenants, all removed by the court in the past year, had abandoned four cats. Landlord wants them gone, but doesn't want to rent traps.

The one he did catch is fat, friendly, and not a stray, but being the gentleman I am waited until he had it caged to break it to him. Big Grin

He left without success after a couple of hours of running round and round the property chasing the wild herd.

I felt justified in laughing my ass off since his lack of background checks keeps me in douchebag neighbors.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rocks are hard,
water's wet
Picture of maturins_rose
posted Hide Post

Stand and be true.

May God stand between you and harm, in all the dark places you must walk.

Be careful with your words and deeds. When all is said and done, they can only be forgiven, not forgotten.

Posts: 2287 | Location: New Fairfield, CT | Registered: July 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
So, the carrying case for my chrono arrived. I get the chrony out of the closet, and move the contents to the carrying case.
Put it away, turn around, and see that my cat had helped herself to the box.

Guess her nickname going forward will be "Chronokitty"

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

Jim, go to your room.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post
"You were saying?"

------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 1724 | Location: STL | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

Those aren't pillows!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6850 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No worries!
Picture of Chach
posted Hide Post
One of my cats will do that but going horizontally along the hallway walls.

Posts: 3188 | Location: NorCal - Sac | Registered: February 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
Those aren't pillows!

That kind of depends, doesn't it?

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
This is stretching it a bit, but a cat is mentioned. Razz

Hungry dog being teased

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 551 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: December 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

A dog? In a cat thread? Eek

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4786 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I think the joke is in the caption. Wink

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post