SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 ... 468
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
^^^^^ that gun's on the wrong side of the door.

None of those bows are strung either.

Posts: 3374 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Daisy to me. Plink Kitty with that and watch the fun!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had a feral cat that would visit us about every six months to leave behind a litter of kittens, and I got sick of rescuing and placing them. We did keep several of them, in addition to our own large brood.

I decided to drive her off, so I got my Red Ryder out and fired at her from atop my roof, aiming for a couple inches to her left. She watched the BB, computed its trajectory, and stepped further aside with plenty of time to spare.

I gave in! You have to respect a creature with that much situational awareness, so instead of driving her off, we left food and put together a make-shift shelter for her. I guess a coyote or one of the neighbors' dogs got her about a year later, and by then I was sorry to see her go.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765:
We had a feral cat that would visit us about every six months to leave behind a litter of kittens
A friend of mine seems to be a magnet for stray cats. When a new one shows up, he catches it, has it spayed or neutered, then leaves food out for it. There are always a few hanging around outside his house.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
We had a feral cat that would visit us about every six months to leave behind a litter of kittens
A friend of mine seems to be a magnet for stray cats. When a new one shows up, he catches it, has it spayed or neutered, then leaves food out for it. There are always a few hanging around outside his house.

There's a town out on the coast with a volunteer group that traps stray cats, gives them a checkup and spay/neuter, clips one ear so they can tell if they catch the same one again, and release them in the same are where they were trapped. Well, my ex-GF was living there and wound up adopting one of them after it was caught and released, a pretty female Siamese. She wound up being a pretty nice pet for her, but I don't think she was on her own long enough to become really feral.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
There's a town out on the coast with a volunteer group that traps stray cats, gives them a checkup and spay/neuter, clips one ear so they can tell if they catch the same one again, and release them in the same are where they were trapped...

I've heard of these groups, but around here there's nothing like them. Vets want their usual fees to spay/neuter, unless they do it through one of the rescue shelters, which are perennially full and refuse ferals and "dumplings", as I like to call the abandoned kitties.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
There's a town out on the coast with a volunteer group that traps stray cats, gives them a checkup and spay/neuter, clips one ear so they can tell if they catch the same one again, and release them in the same are where they were trapped...

I've heard of these groups, but around here there's nothing like them. Vets want their usual fees to spay/neuter, unless they do it through one of the rescue shelters, which are perennially full and refuse ferals and "dumplings", as I like to call the abandoned kitties.

AFAIK, a couple of the local vets donate their time and supplies, in the interest of keeping the population somewhat in check. I don't think they're subsidized by the county or anything.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by newtoSig765: I've heard of these groups, but around here there's nothing like them. Vets want their usual fees to spay/neuter, unless they do it through one of the rescue shelters, which are perennially full and refuse ferals and "dumplings", as I like to call the abandoned kitties.

I'm not sure exactly where you are in Illinois, but here are 6 different groups in your state that all support Trap-Neuter-Return programs. It's my experience that many of these groups will take steps to assist, in one fashion or another, regardless of whether they're in your immediate area or not.

http://animaloutreachsociety.i...bid/186/Default.aspx

http://www.safehousepets.org/about/

http://www.fixinferalfelines.org/tnr.html

https://www.catguardians.org/r...tray-and-feral-help/

http://helpingpaws.net/feral-cat-tnr-program/

https://www.facebook.com/pg/il...t/?ref=page_internal

In addition, Alley Cat Allies is a national organization that can assist you in locating local resources, etc...

Website is here:

https://www.alleycat.org

Posts: 280 | Location: Colorado | Registered: March 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Photographs, gentlemen. This thread is about photographs. You want to discuss whatever? Start a thread.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107489 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
No point but lovely

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Eclipse Cat!

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^
Eclipse Cat!

That farts lazors!

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^^^^
Eclipse Cat!

I wish I'd thought of that. Big Grin

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8328 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go ahead and use it! Cool

-- H L Mencken

-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Photographs, gentlemen. This thread is about photographs. You want to discuss whatever? Start a thread.

Sorry, here's the critter in question. Note her right ear is clipped. Her tail appears to have been broken at some time too, it's got a 90 degree kink in it. But she's living the good life now.

No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, here's the critter in question.

Considering her white toes, she looks like a Snowshoe, a cross of Siamese and American short hair. My cat, Sam, was a Snowshoe; she passed last year at age 20.

Max, the Roomba-riding-shark-cat was also a Snowshoe.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
quote:
Sorry, here's the critter in question.

Considering her white toes, she looks like a Snowshoe, a cross of Siamese and American short hair. My cat, Sam, was a Snowshoe; she passed last year at age 20.

Max, the Roomba-riding-shark-cat was also a Snowshoe.

Was it hard for Max to be put into the suit?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Is anyone else having videos pop out of this page in their browser blocking the posts behind them? WTF?!?!!

Posts: 3374 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Yup, on my iPad. Looks like the first one is a cat video though.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
Is anyone else having videos pop out of this page in their browser blocking the posts behind them? WTF?!?!!

Yep, click "hide Post at the top.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post