SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 ... 467
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
That makes me happy!

Gonna name that cutie "Freeway"?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Puddle Pirate
Picture of kornesque
posted Hide Post
"He saved Killer, B!"

I think Killer's gonna end up being your #1 fan. Nice save.

"Happiness is red and free."

Posts: 1794 | Location: Low Country, SC | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Our little kitteh we rescued from a barn in Mt. Airy NC is getting big! She has the coolest coat I've seen on a cat....black with faint gray stripes on her sides.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
And a rather knowing look on her face!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Our little kitteh we rescued...

kitteh sez:"Who rescued whom?"

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Our little kitteh we rescued from a barn in Mt. Airy NC is getting big! She has the coolest coat I've seen on a cat....black with faint gray stripes on her sides.

All black cats are tabbies (tiger stripes). If you look at any "black" cat carefully, you can see the stripes. That is, however, the best example I've yet seen.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigma Sig:
This cat came to my porch a few months ago and he was scrawny and hungry so I started feeding him. He filled out some. I named him Brat. Smile

You, Sir, have been adopted.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16267 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It's great to see people rescuing cats instead of just buying them Smile

I'm going to name this one Rocky since he was on Rockside Rd/I271.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wheelman668
posted Hide Post
Good for you Chowser!

"In the end I made the choice and will not die ashamed"-FFDP

certified Glock armorer

Posts: 3096 | Location: ...the wrong side of heaven, and the righteous side of hell. | Registered: July 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffreyD103
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kkina: All black cats are tabbies (tiger stripes). If you look at any "black" cat carefully, you can see the stripes. That is, however, the best example I've yet seen.

I did not know that.

quote:
Originally posted by Sigma Sig:
This cat came to my porch a few months ago and he was scrawny and hungry so I started feeding him. He filled out some. I named him Brat. Smile

Can you pet him or pick him up?

----------------------------------------------------------
Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Posts: 688 | Location: Reading, Penna. | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gmilitano
posted Hide Post
Just started feeding a stray here about a week ago. It's a female, solid black and seems to understand what the sound of a bag of cat food being shook means.

Haven't been able to get a picture yet, but I went out this morning, sat down in the middle of the back deck and talked / petted her while she ate. Today was the first day she actually came up to me to say "hi". We plan to leave her as the outdoor cat, since we already have an indoor spoiled rotten one. As long as she wants to hang around but she will be fed and cared for regardless.

"Sometimes I wonder if this world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain

Posts: 3936 | Location: Alabama | Registered: November 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Cute cat. Nice job with the rescue.

Is it feral? Would it let you handle it without drama?

quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
well, there will probably be a complaint tomorrow about abuse of power or something because I stopped five lanes of traffic to rescue this little cutie

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
Cute cat. Nice job with the rescue.

Is it feral? Would it let you handle it without drama?

He scratched me at worst and wouldn't let me near him (hence I decided to just shut traffic down before he got ran over). I finally scooped him up and we became fast friends. I was very reluctant as my last kitten rescue didn't survive, but at heart, I'm a softie. I rescued a bull mastiff mix last month that someone chained to a tree in the middle of nowhere (I wish hateful things on these people).

ok, i suck at this embed code

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...1WE&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvJ_NQsp1WE&feature=youtu.be
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/xvJ_NQsp1WE?version=3&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/xvJ_NQsp1WE?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah, congratulation you now have a cat (or should I say the cat now has you.)

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:...I was very reluctant as my last kitten rescue didn't survive, but at heart, I'm a softie....

Your still my favorite kind of people.

Even if they don't make it, they do not go without being recognized as a life with value, and this world can use a bit more of that.

posted Hide Post
I once had 13 cats! That's a lucky number. My vet nominated me as customer of the year.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gmilitano:
Just started feeding a stray here about a week ago. It's a female, solid black and seems to understand what the sound of a bag of cat food being shook means.

Haven't been able to get a picture yet, but I went out this morning, sat down in the middle of the back deck and talked / petted her while she ate. Today was the first day she actually came up to me to say "hi". We plan to leave her as the outdoor cat, since we already have an indoor spoiled rotten one. As long as she wants to hang around but she will be fed and cared for regardless.

That is how it began with our rescue kitty. Til he decided he had enough of living outside and picked our house for his new home.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffreyD103
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:... I finally scooped him up and we became fast friends. ...

Ha! You're that kitty's forever person now. Big Grin

----------------------------------------------------------
Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Posts: 688 | Location: Reading, Penna. | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I think he needs some fattening up (the kitten, not Chowser. )