SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 ... 467
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Tom felt that it was time to wake up; this sort of life might be romantic enough, in his blighted condition, but it was getting to have too little sentiment and too much distracting variety about it. So he thought over various plans for relief, and finally hit upon that of professing to be fond of Pain-killer. He asked for it so often that he became a nuisance, and his aunt ended by telling him to help himself and quit bothering her. If it had been Sid, she would have had no misgivings to alloy her delight; but since it was Tom, she watched the bottle clandestinely. She found that the medicine did really diminish, but it did not occur to her that the boy was mending the health of a crack in the sitting-room floor with it.

One day Tom was in the act of dosing the crack when his aunt's yellow cat came along, purring, eyeing the teaspoon avariciously, and begging for a taste. Tom said:

"Don't ask for it unless you want it, Peter."

But Peter signified that he did want it.

"You better make sure."

Peter was sure.

"Now you've asked for it, and I'll give it to you, because there ain't anything mean about me; but if you find you don't like it, you mustn't blame anybody but your own self."

Peter was agreeable. So Tom pried his mouth open and poured down the Pain-killer. Peter sprang a couple of yards in the air, and then delivered a war-whoop and set off round and round the room, banging against furniture, upsetting flower-pots, and making general havoc. Next he rose on his hind feet and pranced around, in a frenzy of enjoyment, with his head over his shoulder and his voice proclaiming his unappeasable happiness. Then he went tearing around the house again spreading chaos and destruction in his path. Aunt Polly entered in time to see him throw a few double summersets, deliver a final mighty hurrah, and sail through the open window, carrying the rest of the flower-pots with him. The old lady stood petrified with astonishment, peering over her glasses; Tom lay on the floor expiring with laughter.

"Tom, what on earth ails that cat?"

"I don't know, aunt," gasped the boy.

"Why, I never see anything like it. What did make him act so?"

"Deed I don't know, Aunt Polly; cats always act so when they're having a good time."

From The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain.

I recall first reading that passage when I was about eight and laughing so hard I could not catch my breath.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31376 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of David13
posted Hide Post
You better watch what you post about cats. Those cats know where you sleep, you know.
dc

The first is long gone, an old photo. He's still in the refrigerator, tho'. He was with me for more than 20 years, and he was full grown when I got him. I need to get a shovel and bury him, somewhere nice.
The gray one is one of two new ones.
dc

Posts: 358 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 226blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by blueshep:
quote:
Came home from work today to find out we are now cat owners!!! Wife went and got a kitten from a friend, pretty cute actually! I showed her this thread and she couldn't believe how many pages were in the thread,especially on a gun forum!

Is it a boy or a girl? Either way it's absolutely adorable!!!!

God, family, country
Patriot Guard Riders
P-226 Blackwater
P-229-Black .40
P-225
NRA Life Member
Ohio Gun Collectors Association

Posts: 639 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
There's always money
in the banana stand!
Picture of cjwagner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FL.40:
quote:
quote:
Came home from work today to find out we are now cat owners!!! Wife went and got a kitten from a friend, pretty cute actually! I showed her this thread and she couldn't believe how many pages were in the thread,especially on a gun forum!

That There is Speed Racer

Hahaha that is amazing

------------------------------------------------------------

Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword never encountered automatic weapons. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Posts: 1724 | Location: STL | Registered: March 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 226blackwater:

Is it a boy or a girl? Either way it's absolutely adorable!!!!

It's a girl!6 weeks old.

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
She is precious blueshep.

I love it when they are that age, it doesn't last nearly long enough.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
The hand that feeds him:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjwagner:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hahaha that is amazing

Wait, a cat that actually uses a pet bed? Eek

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JeffreyD103
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David13:

David, this kitty is beautiful! Was he/she a Himalayan? A Ragdoll?

----------------------------------------------------------
Sooner or later everyone sits down to a banquet of consequences.

Posts: 688 | Location: Reading, Penna. | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
The hand that feeds him:

Big Grin Big Grin
Our otherwise nice enough buddy will do that if I poke a finger out from under a cover. He calls it Kill the Hand.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
quote:
Originally posted by cjwagner:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Hahaha that is amazing

She's just a baby, give her time and she'll take over everything else. Big Grin

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of David13
posted Hide Post
Matthew that is one cute kitten.
Jeff
He was a mix. A rescue by a girl who could not keep him. That was about 1992. So he was with me for more than 20 years.
That is not him on the computer screen.

The foreground is the newest one.
dc

Posts: 358 | Location: Los Angeles | Registered: April 12, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
quote:
Originally posted by kz1000:
The hand that feeds him:

Big Grin Big Grin
Our otherwise nice enough buddy will do that if I poke a finger out from under a cover. He calls it Kill the Hand.

My friend's siamese will roll over on her back for a tummy rub / neck scratch. Sometimes that's really what she wants, and other times you stick your hand down there and she attacks it. You never know which it's going to be until it's too late.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This one time,
at band camp
Picture of Wreck Tangle
posted Hide Post
quote:
My friend's siamese will roll over on her back for a tummy rub / neck scratch. Sometimes that's really what she wants, and other times you stick your hand down there and she attacks it. You never know which it's going to be until it's too late.

LOL. I have a cat that does the exact same thing. 50/50 chance you get to pet her.

------------------------------------------------

Strange women lyin' in ponds is no basis for a system of government.

Posts: 2679 | Location: N.E. Ohio | Registered: May 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
This is my buddy Willy.
At times he follows me around like a puppy.

Posts: 4123 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hit the button Max
Picture of Twosigs
posted Hide Post
Freyja says this is my chair. Find your own.

“Sometimes paranoia's just having all the facts.” -
William S. Burroughs

Posts: 881 | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mark1Mod0Squid
Picture of Sigolicious
posted Hide Post
I think this Cat video wins the internet!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWc8dUl7Xfo

Posts: 2026 | Location: AZ | Registered: May 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
D'awwww...Speed Racer is a cute kitten, blueshep.

quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Ours love pet beds. Sometimes they try to pack 20 pounds of cat into a 5 pound sack:

And sometimes they just do it wrong. (She likes to flip the bed upside down and sleep on the underside of the bed.)

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Auxiliaryjohn
posted Hide Post
If we fits...we sits. Big Grin

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all.
US Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

Posts: 2262 | Location: Dothan, AL | Registered: August 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4779 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post