SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 ... 467
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where is mitten's ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cold Ass Honkey
Picture of Sig Vicious
posted Hide Post
In the Cat Box?

------------------------------
Never fully gruntled.

Posts: 2173 | Location: OR-ee-GUN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Utah...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Utah...

^^^^^Good one!

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 81chop
posted Hide Post
Get to take my two into the vet tomorrow morning for their shots.
Hopefully I'll come out with no scratches or bite marks.

Posts: 110 | Location: Central WI | Registered: March 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 81chop
posted Hide Post
And the follow-up.

Had to get sneaky with the cats to get them in the carriers, or just catch them. Set the carriers out in the spare room the night before and had their doors open and ready. The big cat must have heard the squeak of the latch because he was on full alert the rest of the night. The next morning, I picked him up and he knew right away what was happening. The little guy ran and hid. Oh, what fun that was trying to catch him.

Got a couple of claw scratches on the legs, no biggie.

Got to the vets office and ended up arguing with her about the services I wanted, shots only. She said they HAVE to do a check-up at $40/pc. I told her it was never like that in the past, she argued that too. Got another vet at the same office and he only charged me $10/pc for the same check-up.

I may sound like a cheap bastard, but how is it that two vets in the same office charge different rates for the exact same check-ups? I'm not too happy about that. The other thing is the lady vet seems to be kind of aggressive with the animals. That I didn't like either. They are scared enough already, why make it harder on them.

So in the end, I have two very healthy cats that got the shots they needed, so I am happy for that. Thinking I might call and talk to whoever the owner is about the charges.

Posts: 110 | Location: Central WI | Registered: March 22, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Did you have rabies done? I am facing the same charges now. Both kitties due for rabies, both need $40 or $60 exam fee, plus shot cost, plus one or two other shots, total of $200+. Says anything but rabies it's just the shot, but they are required to do exam for rabies. Guess I don't really have a choice, either I pay it or go try to find it $10-15 cheaper at new vet. Not worth it.

To add insult to injury, they don't even go outside. Only been out on their leashes. That gets funny looks from people driving down the street.

Luckily mine are well behaved and I can easily load them up to tote them there. Black had a little anxiety last time one the way back and I had to let him ride in my lap.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 81chop
posted Hide Post
Both rabies and distemper. These two never go outside. They don't like all the loud noises.

Maybe the part that bothers me is when I scheduled the appointment and told them what I wanted, they said nothing about what's really required. If that's the policy, that's fine, just tell me.

posted Hide Post
The hardest thing about having a pet is when you have to take them to the Rainbow Bridge.

The second hardest thing is finding a good, honest Vet.

I've been through both of these way too many times.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My vet is very good. When I take my varmint in (yearly) they want to run all kinds of tests and administer all kinds of stuff.
This for an indoor cat.
When faced with all this I just ask: "Is this free"?
That ends the exam. If I let it happen, my cat would have better health care than I do!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16004 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Not mine.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Big Grin

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Poor kitty.

Black had Dingle berry or stepped in poo while going, either way he smelled like he'd been rolling in crap. He got a bath a was an angel the whole time, not one bite or scratch. Then he fully cooperated for his blow dry and brush.

Good boy! Who's a good kitty?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Poor kitty.

Black had Dingle berry or stepped in poo while going, either way he smelled like he'd been rolling in crap. He got a bath a was an angel the whole time, not one bite or scratch. Then he fully cooperated for his blow dry and brush.

Good boy! Who's a good kitty?

He knew he smelled bad. He wanted it to go away.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Treats. You did give Black treats, No?

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Treats. You did give Black treats, No?

Nope, forgot. Didn't want him licking himself and making his clean coat smell like rabbit (his favorite treat is make from rabbits). On it right now!

Edit, Black has now been treated, Gray got him self some Rabbit Raw Boost in the process too. Can't give one a treat without giving the other one, one.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Poor kitty.

You have a good cat. Whenever mine needed a bath, she spread all four legs out to grasp the top of the laundry sink rim. No way she was going any further down.

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post