SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 467
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
This is our most recent stray rescue, only she was an actual stray, and came in from our deck out back. She was skinny and not fixed yet; maybe 6-months old at the time when she first showed up last August. We fed and watered her for a few days on the deck while trying to convince the spousal unit that she should come inside... then she disappeared again for over a week. My daughter and I were quite distraught as I had already done a thorough search looking for her owners and had determined she was a stray and had been either tossed or abandoned by one of several people who recently moved from one street over.

Then one morning while looking at FaceBook and drinking coffee before work, her little face popped up on my FB feed!!! It was a posting from a local animal rescue group who just happened to "share" this kitty who had been brought in to the Huntsville Animal Control Center the day before! I couldn't miss work that day, but you can bet I was on the phone with them the moment they opened, trying to find out how she got there, who brought her in, etc. The posting from Huntsville Animal Services stated she was picked up essentially in my frikkin yard, and I was pissed!!! I still don't know who did it, but I left work at lunchtime and drove down to pay the $20.00 fees to get her out and officially "adopt" her.

She came home with me, into the house, and has not gone outside since! It only took about a week at the most for her to adjust, and for the other two kitties (both rescues) to adjust to her, and now she is one very happy, chubby, extremely loving little girl!

Meet "Maisy Lou" ... it's an older picture, but every time I get anywhere near her with a camera, she comes running for attention, so she's VERY hard to photograph!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We used to live near a trailer camp that require residents to vacate for a month or two each year, and they would dump their cats near us. I managed to rescue and place about a dozen over the years.

I called them "Dumplings." Frown

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Meet "Maisy Lou" ... it's an older picture, but every time I get anywhere near her with a camera, she comes running for attention, so she's VERY hard to photograph!!!

What a sweet little kitty Bill.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Maisy reminds me a lot like my ol' Puddin'.
She passed about 4 years ago at the ripe old age of 18.

Torties have always been special for me.

Here's the one remaining pic I have of Puddin'

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:<<snip>>

She only looks sweet in the pic... in real life she’s waay beyond sweet! She likes to lay on my chest at night when I’m trying to go to sleep and will give me little kisses, then reach up and touch me ever so gently on the chin and cheek with her little paws, all the while purring so loud you’d expect the windows to rattle! Every time I walk past her when she’s lying in her kitty bed she’ll get up and follow me around. She is just a little fur covered angel! Big Grin

Bill R.
North Alabama

Posts: 4551 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:

She only looks sweet in the pic... in real life she’s waay beyond sweet! She likes to lay on my chest at night when I’m trying to go to sleep and will give me little kisses, then reach up and touch me ever so gently on the chin and cheek with her little paws, all the while purring so loud you’d expect the windows to rattle! Every time I walk past her when she’s lying in her kitty bed she’ll get up and follow me around. She is just a little fur covered angel! Big Grin

It sounds like you've both been blessed!

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Most definitely!!!

Bill R.
North Alabama

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bronicabill:
quote:

Looking at her expression on her face you can almost tell how sweet she must be. Furthermore, since you mentioned how she lays on your chest, I've noticed a strange behavior with mine since a few moths back. I went into the hospital to have some heart stuff fixed and since returning. My cat, the Fuzz, will now climb up on my chest when I'm in a reclined position and start the kneading on my chest, start the purring, head butt me and lies down on my chest, almost daily. When he first recently started doing this it would almost frighten me that he may know something about my future that I do not. Or, maybe he's trying to heal me somehow?

I've never mentioned this to anybody because it's just really weird. There's no question in the timing, he definitely started after I got out of the hospital. Never ever climbed on my chest to do this ritual before this. He has in the past head bumped me or my hand but I think that was more about his appetite for a snack or two. Fuzz is a very smart cat but I'm biased and spend 24hrs around him most every day.

Having a cat I'm certain, has been a blessing. I've never spent as much time with one my whole life. In addition, he can be quite vocal, both loud and demanding or soft and sweet..

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Maybe he's more comfortable with your heart rhythm now?

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9127 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
My cat, the Fuzz, will now climb up on my chest when I'm in a reclined position and start the kneading on my chest, start the purring, head butt me and lies down on my chest, almost daily. When he first recently started doing this it would almost frighten me that he may know something about my future that I do not. Or, maybe he's trying to heal me somehow?

It may be exactly that.

The sound that cats make when they purr occurs at a frequency that promotes tissue regeneration.

You would think that a cougar, being a bigger animal than a housecat, would purr at a lower frequency given the cougar's larger size. But both purr in the same frequency range.

Scientists have theorized that this is precisely because purring has a healing effect on the cat producing the noise. It may also have the same effect on us.

Maybe what's good for the kitty is good for the hooman.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
Puddin' looks really sweet; so sorry for your loss! I've been down that road a few too many times, and it never gets any easier, no matter how young or old they are!!! In fact, the one that tore me up the most probably, and I still grieve the most for, was not quite 4 when he died from cancer. It just about killed me because I bottle-fed him from an infant of around 4-weeks old, so he and I were bonded like no other has ever been.

Here's a pic of Oreo the day I brought him home after he was abandoned by his mother following the April 27, 2011 tornadoes here in Alabama.

And then another a few months before he died. The grey and white cat to his left is Bunner, inherited from my mother when she passed in '97. He was around 20 at the time of this photo.

quote:
Originally posted by C-Dubs:
Maisy reminds me a lot like my ol' Puddin'.
She passed about 4 years ago at the ripe old age of 18.

Torties have always been special for me.

Here's the one remaining pic I have of Puddin'

Bill R.
North Alabama

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LDD:
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
My cat, the Fuzz, will now climb up on my chest when I'm in a reclined position and start the kneading on my chest, start the purring, head butt me and lies down on my chest, almost daily. When he first recently started doing this it would almost frighten me that he may know something about my future that I do not. Or, maybe he's trying to heal me somehow?

It may be exactly that.

The sound that cats make when they purr occurs at a frequency that promotes tissue regeneration.

You would think that a cougar, being a bigger animal than a housecat, would purr at a lower frequency given the cougar's larger size. But both purr in the same frequency range.

Scientists have theorized that this is precisely because purring has a healing effect on the cat producing the noise. It may also have the same effect on us.

Maybe what's good for the kitty is good for the hooman.

LDD, I could only hope that..On the previous page 420 I think, I posted info I received from a vet that makes his own brand of cat food and regularly sends emails with tips and stories about cats. He wrote about the healing effects and frequencies of the cats purr, I'm leaning towards this belief myself.

Regards, Will G.

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Black picked a perfect box to lay in.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Ozzy Man...so maybe NSFW...

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/47RwnFWTYiU

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
^^^ "He's apologizing...he may be Canadian"

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My two are students of FRAJJ.

Feline Roll Around Ju Jitsu.

It's quite impressive.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31379 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Black picked a perfect box to lay in.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

NSFW

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

quote:
New York City shelter seeks home for 41-pound cat

New York City is a place with many well-heeled fat cats but it is also a place with one really well-fed fat cat -- of the four-legged kind.

Animal Care Centers of NYC has put up for adoption a black and white feline named Barsik who tips the scale at 41 pounds.

Barsik, a 5-year-old domestic short-hair, came to the Manhattan shelter Saturday, dropped off by owners leaving town. He has taken up living quarters in a staff office because he's too big to hold in one of the shelter’s cages.

On Monday, Barsik and his housemate were moved to a foster home run by a volunteer from Anjellicle Cats Rescue in Manhattan.

"We'll be closely monitoring Barsik's weight loss, the group's Kimberly Couzens said.

NYCACC'’s Katy Hansen told the Daily News the cat is as sweet as he is large.

“He’s clearly uncomfortable and doesn’t like to be lifted, as you can imagine,” she said. “That, combined with the new environment, would make anyone cranky, but he’s not cranky at all. The longer humans have interacted with him, the easier it has become to care for him.”

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31379 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post