SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 467
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Dang have you guys heard of "Catios?" If I had a cat I'd definately get one.

That sounds like a good idea for an indoor cat.

Id be tempted to put the litter box in one!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paten:
I want to know what was in the bag and how it ended.

My guess is that it's a bag of treats. If I even so much as mention treats to my cat, even in a deep sleep, he'll lift up his ears and start purring. If he hears the treat bag ruffle, he'll leap over from what ever he's doing and wait for the goodness Smile I'm not sure what's in those treats but cats love them!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
There is a series on Amazon Prime "Super Epic Cats." You really need to watch it.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31382 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
If we pulled that box trick on our cat, he'd kill us in our sleep.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Regarding the catio. Think fleas.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Dip your cats and there won't be fleas.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:

If the catio has screen openings bigger than the fleas, the fleas will come into the house that way.

From the yard.

NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
quote:

If the catio has screen openings bigger than the fleas, the fleas will come into the house that way.

From the yard.

I see where you're going, but it still doesn't make much sense. What would be the difference with a catdoor used in conjunction with the catio versus how every other cat door in the world is currently used?

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
quote:

From the yard.

I dont understand the logic here. Honestly not being a smartass, but my dog sits outside for half hours at a time and we have yet to have fleas. I am unsure how a catio is any different than that if you are flea and ticking your pets?

Most of these catios use a cat door type thing. You could also treat the catio with home defense.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
Catios have been linked to elevated flea infestations in several double blind studies. See the study below:

Catio Ectoparasite Study

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Time Wounds
All Heels.
Picture of Cope
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

P.S. - Don't dis Paragon Big Grin

----------------------------
Evolve. Revolve. Dissolve.

Posts: 1878 | Location: WNC | Registered: April 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Who's dissing her?

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8310 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Katbuki Theater

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Katbuki Theater

Mendokusai!

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
I don't dose my cats every month. Since they are inside only, there is no need as long as I don't bring fleas into the house. Excessive fleas, that is.

I'd love to have a catio, but it would have to be plexi, not screen. Then what is the point?

NRA Range Safety Officer

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Bubble cat would not be happy, in the Florida sun.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post