SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... 468
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Thanks - the wife just smacked me because she read all the lines except only the first two.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Did you come from behind
that rock, or from under it?

Picture of Audioholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:

That's gotta be Johnny Cash's cat!

"Every time you think you weaken the nation" Moe Howard

Posts: 2048 | Location: Out standing in my field. | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I just hate people.

repost of old cat Smile
In April of '16, this scrawny baby was left outside an apartment building after the tenants left so I took her home. She's pretty plump now and has good taste in guns. She was named Bandit by my daughter because she stole our hearts.

A few days ago, some moron shot himself in the hand and is going to be going away awhile. Took a few hours to get a search warrant, but after searching his apartment and collecting all the drugs, I find an abused kitten with blood coming out of her mouth. Quick trip to the emergency clinic and they sutured up her gum. She's missing some teeth but is expected to recover just fine. In a day, she's made herself at home and has bonded with the other gray cats (she's racist Wink ) . My daughter refuses to let me name her Scarface since it's her job to pick names.

I seriously need to stop. I'm running out of room. Guess that means it's time to go buy a bigger house.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8012 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You're a good soul.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31426 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
In a day, she's made herself at home and has bonded with the other gray cats..

New kitten is beautiful--looks like quicksilver covered in fur! I'd name her Mercury for her color and because Mercury was the god of trickery, among other things, and cats are inherent tricksters. Smile

You're a good man for taking her in and giving her a home.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rescues reign! Cool

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9143 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chowser,
Try this tactic for police rescued kittens. It worked very well for me:
1- Clean up kitten.
2- Make sure he / she is healthy.
3- Tie cute ribbon onto the varmint.
4- Drive now irresistibly cute kitten to your dispatch office.
5- Let all female dispatchers / records clerks / admin aides play with irresistibly cute kitten.
6- Give kitten to whoever steps up.

I recycled many abandoned kittens using this tactic.
Downside: Too many kittens, too few female PD employees.
Plan B:
Follow above procedure, but drive irresistibly cute kitten to a neighboring jurisdiction.
Rinse and repeat as needed.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16067 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
Chowser,
4- Drive now irresistibly cute kitten to your dispatch office.

Tried this. They're mostly dog people and that's where most rescue dogs go if I don't take them.

I've also been banned from dispatch. A married one asked me to go to a concert with her in front of her boss and her husband who is a k9 officer visiting from another department. It didn't go well...

egregore! that's awesome, going to teach the new one to do this

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8012 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^ Well..... if you were thinking she might be too much for your household, we would be interested in meeting her to see if she would be a fit in our house. If she's cat friendly, she'd have 5 friends over here.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

(Not responsible for any typos.)

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
^^^^^^ Well..... if you were thinking she might be too much for your household, we would be interested in meeting her to see if she would be a fit in our house. If she's cat friendly, she'd have 5 friends over here.

Too late. My daughter's already bonded.

Between the two houses (mine and exwife's), my kids have the following rescued from work pets:
2 rabbits
1 tortoise
1 parakeet
2 dogs
14 cats

The only pets that came from a store are the fish.

Her tarantula came from a friend.

Not minority enough!

Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The illustrated difference between dogs and cats.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31426 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chowser:
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

Too late. My daughter's already bonded.

Between the two houses (mine and exwife's), my kids have the following rescued from work pets:
2 rabbits
1 tortoise
1 parakeet
2 dogs
14 cats

The only pets that came from a store are the fish.

Her tarantula came from a friend.

Yea, figured so but had to ask. Thought our pet bills were high, you got your hands full. Smile

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5749 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

I'd get a dachshund just to put it into the armor and take it to the US Capitol as a service animal.

Nice is overrated

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^^ that gun's on the wrong side of the door.