SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Enough with the cat pictures
Page 1 ... 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... 469
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Enough with the cat pictures Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
^^^^^"I am 'Yellow Cat'...known to all for my stealthy smoothness and sure footed stalking ability" Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10587 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31440 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
That's not a cat.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
That's not a cat.

Matter of perception

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
No photos (yet), unfortunately, but got a half-hour hug from a super sweet kitteh, yesterday evening.

Wife and I went over to the house of the coordinator for the shelter where my wife volunteers and I was immediately hug-attacked by one of their cats. Wife did not warn me Big Grin

"X-Ray" was part of a colony that was poisoned and was the only survivor. The coordinator and her husband adopted him, when they found out. He has a breathing problem, likely due to inhaling the poison. They did everything they could to find the cause, including x-raying his head to try to find the trouble, but it's probably that the poison did permanent membrane damage. Hearing that story broke my heart.

He's been with their family for about ten years and is absolutely the most affectionate cat I have ever met. He climbed right up on me and wrapped his arms around my neck and purred, (and wheezed), snuggled and nuzzled me for the longest time. These sorts of things help me see God all around us. It was quite moving.

I might just have to find an excuse to go over there again, soon Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
No photos (yet), unfortunately, but got a half-hour hug from a super sweet kitteh, yesterday evening.

Wife and I went over to the house of the coordinator for the shelter where my wife volunteers and I was immediately hug-attacked by one of their cats. Wife did not warn me Big Grin

"X-Ray" was part of a colony that was poisoned and was the only survivor. The coordinator and her husband adopted him, when they found out. He has a breathing problem, likely due to inhaling the poison. They did everything they could to find the cause, including x-raying his head to try to find the trouble, but it's probably that the poison did permanent membrane damage. Hearing that story broke my heart.

He's been with their family for about ten years and is absolutely the most affectionate cat I have ever met. He climbed right up on me and wrapped his arms around my neck and purred, (and wheezed), snuggled and nuzzled me for the longest time. These sorts of things help me see God all around us. It was quite moving.

Like. Wink

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E Plebmnista; Norcom, Forcom, Perfectumum.
Picture of OneWheelDrive
posted Hide Post
When you can snatch the box from beneath my feet, it will be time for you to leave.

================================================
Ultron: "You're unbearably naive."
Vision: "Well, I was born yesterday."

Posts: 4788 | Location: St. Louis, Mo | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chem Geek
posted Hide Post
Here's one of our older cats, upset about the new kitten, Jonsey.

When life closes a door, open it. It's a door. That's how they work.

Posts: 2451 | Location: Riverview, FL | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I'm laughing so hard right now. That's hilarious!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chem Geek:

Harrumph!!!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Don't be surprised if your shoes get peed in!

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Yep, someone is going to have vengeance applied to their stuff. Smile

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

Rescue pets are often extremely affectionate. They know they got an extra chance in life. Our rescue kitteh is affectionate and he is possessive of me. He is not fond of strangers however and will crawl under a bed or behind a couch when company comes.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post

I came across this in my veterinarian's customer newsletter yesterday.
Laughed more than I should have.

Posts: 4127 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Cat Scratch Fever!

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Wait until you see the tortie!!!

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

Wait until you see the tortie!!!

That's more infinite than the cat endlessly jumping out of the box. Eek

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post