SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    All's well that ends well...Dozer Update
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

All's well that ends well...Dozer Update Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted
After a dry spell, I got another hit on my Craigslist ad. Guy wanted one final drive and maybe a steering clutch.

He just left with BOTH final drives, BOTH steering clutches, the radiator and the center section casting. Plus the feller that rode down with him bought an old tank of a Craftsman snowblower I had tucked in the back of the shed.

That covers what I paid for the thing, my trip to get it and puts a few bucks in my pocket. Plus I still have all the sheet metal which should sell well, and the complete dozer blade and mounting frame.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23249 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
That's not the happy ending we were looking for.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:

Me either, but it's a happy ending!

(There are SO many ways this could go...)

Posts: 15227 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
quote:
Originally posted by GaryBF:

Me either, but it's a happy ending!

(There are SO many ways this could go...)

Yeah well, sounds like you went the best way with it...……….rather than fixing a time and money pit!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
So what does your hourly labor rate end up being...? Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
So what does your hourly labor rate end up being...? Wink

Well, if yer gonna get picky...

I'd have been better off working for McDonalds.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Plus the feller that rode down with him bought an old tank of a Craftsman snowblower I had tucked in the back of the shed.

That's funny. He's hiding the good stuff.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd have been better off working for McDonalds.

I'd like one McDozer to go...

Good thing you were able to recoup your expenses. Shipping the tracks was fun I'm sure.

Now that you have all this extra time and space, what does the next project entail?

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:

Good thing you were able to recoup your expenses. Shipping the tracks was fun I'm sure.

Now that you have all this extra time and space, what does the next project entail?

Actually, a guy drove up from the Philadelphia area and picked up the tracks.

No plans for anything right now, I'm spending the winter in the hobby corner of the basement building a farm diorama.

1/64 scale dozers are SO much easier to work on...

We Are...MARSHALL
Picture of armedmd
posted Hide Post
quote:

1/64 scale dozers are SO much easier to work on...

And cheaper too!!!

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.

Posts: 1894 | Location: WV | Registered: December 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Plus the feller that rode down with him bought an old tank of a Craftsman snowblower I had tucked in the back of the shed.

I've got a VERY Early 80's vintage 'old tank' of a Craftsman Snowblower (Three stage model w/ chain driven 'drift breaker') I can set you up with if you're looking for a project to fill that space in the back of the shed. Wink

It's equipped with an electric start Tecumseh engine and it was running when we tucked it in the back of the garage at my parent's house back in the late 80's... Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8880 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post