SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Getting A Bit Fed Up with My Samsung S9+
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Getting A Bit Fed Up with My Samsung S9+ Login/Join 
posted
Talk about artificial intelligence, this damned thing has a mind of its own. It is constantly changing its settings. The most annoying one is the ringtone. Can't tell you how many calls I have missed because on its own, it will turn off the ringtone. It also decides to visit apps on its own. I will pull it out of my pocket and instead of getting the homescreen, its on Waze or Bixby, whatever that is ?. Anyone else having these issues? I've always had Samsung phones in the past but never had this many problems. Should have kept the last one and saved my money.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
Have you set up any of the screen lock settings? I had that problem with my S5 when I just had to swipe the screen to unlock. It turns out, that my pockets were thin enough that my leg was unlocking the phone as I walked. I turned on the finger-print to unlock and the problem away. I'm on a Note 8 now with no problems.

Posts: 257 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Couldn't find the screen lock on a brief search of settings. Did come across something called"Block accidental touches" said to "prevent the screen from detecting touch input, while your phone is in a dark place such as a pocket or a bag"
That setting is ON.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
Mine hasn't ever changed the ringtone or any other setting. The bixby thing is because of the button on the side...gets accidently pushed when pulling it out of pocket.

not too big a deal. just push home button and move on.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
settings, then scroll down to "lock screen and security."

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
settings, then scroll down to "lock screen and security."

Yep. Found that. Do you think I should pursue the fingerprint route. One choice was facial recognition, which reminded me, that half the time, when I'm trying to take a photo, it's comes up on on selfie and I have to switch it back to auto. Either that or it's on some other photo mode I have to figure how to eliminate. Always when you're trying to snap a quick shot, of course.

Student of Weapons Craft
Picture of Exodus
posted Hide Post
I like the finger print route. You just have to touch the fingerprint reader with your index finger to wake and unlock the phone. I've also set a pattern as a backup. Just make sure the pattern is something you can remember, but complex enough that it doesn't get entered by accident. You HAVE to use the pattern the first time you unlock after a restart.

Posts: 257 | Registered: June 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might read this. https://www.smartphonetics.com...-and-galaxy-s9-plus/

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Butt dialing ? If someone text or calls mine wakes up and the screen becomes active. The heat from my leg causes apps to get activated, screens to get changed, calls to ppl I don't want to talk to are made.
Screen lock, then make the code something not easily reproduced by leg or azz !

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Dibs!! Wink

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
parati et volentes
Picture of houndawg
posted Hide Post
I have iris scan and fingerprint set up on mine. I also have the Bixby button disabled. I've never had a problem with things activating in my pocket.

Posts: 8272 | Location: Illinois, Occupied America | Registered: February 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I use the fingerprint and facial recognition both. Still have to enter a pin each morning when you first turn it on. No big deal.

I might turn the bixby button off. That would solve one problem.

------------------
SBrooks

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bixby disabled & fingerprint unlock for me.

On a rare occasion, I've hit the fingerprint sensor while putting it in my pocket & unlocked it, but it's usually just the camera that gets open (double click on the side lock button).

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15151 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm going to work with your suggestions, meanwhile, got in the car yesterday and message came on the car display saying there was no phone connection. Checked the phone and Bluetooth was OFF. I did not turn it off. I tell you, this phone is pure evil.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by houndawg:
I have iris scan and fingerprint set up on mine. I also have the Bixby button disabled. I've never had a problem with things activating in my pocket.

I've set it up the same way - I've entered both index fingers so I can unlock with either hand. If I'm not wearing sunglasses the iris scan usually unlocks it before I even have a chance to use the finger print reader... it is slick.

If you don't use Bixby disable that button and screen panel. I hate ALL voice/assistants.

I've actually been really happy with my s9+ - it's by far the best phone/device I've had yet.

Shawn

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1745 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post