SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My poor girlfriend. - And now its my turn.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My poor girlfriend. - And now its my turn. Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
the flight crew was "illegal". What the fuck does that even mean? Were they legal 15 minutes prior and went past their legal date as we were boarding? How the fuck did they not know they were illegal, what ever the fuck that means?
There are a bunch of restrictions re crew's duty time. If you want to see what they are, look at the faa.gov website, Part 121 of the regs. There's a Table of Contents that will guide you to duty time restrictions. Unforeseen weather delays that will take a crew past the time limits, can make it illegal for that crew to take off. It happens. And yes, it absolutely sucks.

Something that sucks even more, and should be just as illegal, is what happened to you. If a passenger chooses to discontinue his flight because it is delayed to the point where travel is useless, as was your case, it should be mandatory that his fare is refunded. If that happened to me, I would be doing everything in my power to fight it: social media (I would even join Facebook for that), small claims court, try to get local TV interested in a human interest story, whatever I could think of.
V-tail hit it out of the park.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
They said they will refund the money, I don't trust them, but they said they will.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
They said they will refund the money, I don't trust them, but they said they will.
I would not trust them either. I would contact them every day, until I received the refund. Every. Single. Day.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30633 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:

Did you pay by credit card? If so, that might give you another option.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post