SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    My poor girlfriend. - And now its my turn.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My poor girlfriend. - And now its my turn. Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Got to sleep in DCA terminal last night. Wouldn't get her a hotel because it wasn't airline's fault. They did offer her a free blanket at least. She's 2 for 2 on getting screwed over this month flying. Two or three weeks back she was delayed 12 hours or so. She has severe back problems, I'm sure she's going to feel great once she gets to CA. Frown

https://www.grasswire.com/2017...ed-due-report-smoke/

Of course she put her keys in checked bag which is now in California because they didn't take it off the flight when she deplaned. Hopefully she gets her bag before she comes back otherwise I will have to take a day off from work to bring her keys.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Skins2881,

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I recently returned, via UAL from Spokane. MCF from start to finish.

I had decided a number of years ago that due to all the gubbermint/TSA bullshit that I would not fly again. Let myself be conned into going home for a couple weeks. I swear, it is the last time! If I have to go anywhere, and I can't get there by driving, I ain't going.

The TSA in Spokane has not improved their operations in at least 15 years!!! They have newer (not new) scanning equipment installed, but not in use. So pretty much everybody gets groped.

I asked why they were not using the scanner, and was told that they didn't know how to use it.

I flew a mega-ton of miles while working for IBM. I retired from IBM some 24 years ago. And NEVER experienced any such BS during those years of multiple flights per week. Yeah, I know, things have changed since then, but they did not get better, only worse.

Why is it that EL AL can fly so many people into, and out of, Israel with none of this phony drama? Oh, that's right, they know what they are doing, and do not have a mega-ton of gubbermint employees on the free shit train.

Flying out of Spokane on that last trip, it took nearly 2 hours to get through "security", and there were less than half dozen outbound passengers that early in the morning. But we did get to deal with 25-30 TSA agents who were all standing around apparently discussing which of them would screw over the next passenger, while we stood waiting. I packed very carefully, knowing the BS to be experienced. Nothing but some reading material in a very small carry-on bag. None the less, 5 different TSA drones actually took the half dozen books out of the bag, 5 different times.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well she made it to Atlanta a couple hours ago and by now should be enroute to CA, but her luggage is on its way back to DCA. I hope they send it back to her she's staying there for ten days. Anyone know what happens nowadays when luggage and passenger are separated? Last time it happened to me it took weeks to get it back, but that was long ago.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
..... The TSA.... They have newer (not new) scanning equipment installed, but not in use. So pretty much everybody gets groped....

What if you moaned VERY loudly like some kinda pervert and looked them deeply in the eyes while they "do their job"? Think it might cut it down to a quick frisk? Smile

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Air Travel is worse than waiting around for the cable guy....... Frown

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JSB3
posted Hide Post
When Southwest lost my luggage (twice), each time I had it back within 8 hours. 1st time a courier to my home about 1am. 2nd time courier to the cruise ship I was on still in port.
Third time, not their fault as the TSA selected my bag for a random inspection.

Blaming the crime on the gun, is like blaming a bad story on the pencil.

Posts: 1068 | Location: Saint Charles Missouri | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Outnumbered:
quote:
Originally posted by Elk Hunter:
..... The TSA.... They have newer (not new) scanning equipment installed, but not in use. So pretty much everybody gets groped....

What if you moaned VERY loudly like some kinda pervert and looked them deeply in the eyes while they "do their job"? Think it might cut it down to a quick frisk? Smile

Throw in a few pelvic thrusts as well, for best results.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Looks like I might be flying out there this weekend to join her. Gosh I hope it's not as bad as her trip. Hard to argue with paraplegic veteran father in law, he asks me to come, "yes sir, let me see if I can make it happen". Fam reunion on Sunday. Work will suck the following week.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Flight has been delayed twice now. So far two hour delay, will miss connector, wonder how long my delay at Denver wil be...

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
They should have entertainment and spa services at airports. Delayed flight - go watch a movie, get a massage, sit in the jacuzzi, take a shower, get some shut eye, ..... anything to avoid sitting in those tortuous lounge chairs watching the minutes pass by.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Never put anything you don't want to lose in checked luggage (i.e., keys).

Some people just have bad luck, apparently the anti-fliers of S/F are those kinda people.

Because I've flown at least 100 time the last 5 years and got the pat down once - partially because I had a crumpled up napkin in my pocket that set off the detector.

I even had a loaded pistol magazine stuffed in the bottom of my carry on bag (that 'lost' magazine I couldn't find after a local move) and while I got attention, no groping, just my self inflicted wound. But the airport police saved the magazine for me and I was able to retrieve it upon my return.

And maybe part of it is us veteran travelers know "what's what" and know how to avoid getting screwed with by following (the admittedly asine) rules to get through the process.

No need to talk to TSA, you are just wasting everyone's time.

Know where you are going and what seat you are in.

Know that if you paid botttom dollar for your flight, you are probably in the middle seat, with no legroom, between two 'large' people. Next to the bathroom, with a family and crying baby behind you.

Your money is green, but an extra $50 for an upgrade for a cross country flight is soooo worth it. And a AMEX platinum card will get you in most airport clubs and away from the 'mouth breathers'. Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Five hour delay at this point. I'm a dummy about flying. Only going to CA for weekend, how do I cancel/refund? Been sitting here for 5 hours. Don't want to travel for 36 hours to spend 24 hours at destination.

FUCK AIRLINES!!!!!!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
quote:
Five hour delay at this point. I'm a dummy about flying. Only going to CA for weekend, how do I cancel/refund? Been sitting here for 5 hours. Don't want to travel for 36 hours to spend 24 hours at destination

I feel your pain if that helps. Two of the most lonely times for me were sitting in the airport for six or seven hours returning from my parents funerals. That really sucked and one was New Years Eve in Memphis where all the restaurants had closed. It was connecting flights of course. I try to drive to New Orleans so I can fly nonstop and avoid those kinds of delays.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
FUCK AIRLINES!!!! Can't cancel my $1035.00 "economy" tickets. No where open to eat food. Either deal with 40 hours of traveling or kiss $1k+ goodbye.

I will NEVER fly again. I hate these bastards. They claim its due to weather (here ). Really assholes? I had to work in the same weather, I didn't get paid for any delays. Yes I got wet. I didn't melt, I will survive.

FUCK YOU. Let me cancel my fucking trip.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Wow, that sucks.

You've got bad airline luck. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Weekend cross country trips are a roll of the dice.

6-8 hours of flying with a connection.

About the only way I would I would try is with a direct flight.

Your situation sucks, no doubt.

I guess they should have launched into a Severe Thunderstorm, had the wings snap off, then you could be dead on the way to CA???

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Weekend cross country trips are a roll of the dice.

6-8 hours of flying with a connection.

About the only way I would I would try is with a direct flight.

Your situation sucks, no doubt.

I guess they should have launched into a Severe Thunderstorm, had the wings snap off, then you could be dead on the way to CA???

Deleted due to taking my frustration out on undeserving individual.

Weather aside which I was working OUTSIDE in. They could have let me cancel six hours ago. Or not just boarded me to ten minutes later tell me the flight crew was "illegal". What the fuck does that even mean? Were they legal 15 minutes prior and went past their legal date as we were boarding? How the fuck did they not know they were illegal, what ever the fuck that means?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Home after 11 wasted hours. Missing GF"s family reunion and as much as I hate traveling and staying in other people's houses. I'm sad. I like her family and enjoy spending time with them. Oh well, next year I guess.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
the flight crew was "illegal". What the fuck does that even mean? Were they legal 15 minutes prior and went past their legal date as we were boarding? How the fuck did they not know they were illegal, what ever the fuck that means?
There are a bunch of restrictions re crew's duty time. If you want to see what they are, look at the faa.gov website, Part 121 of the regs. There's a Table of Contents that will guide you to duty time restrictions. Unforeseen weather delays that will take a crew past the time limits, can make it illegal for that crew to take off. It happens. And yes, it absolutely sucks.

Something that sucks even more, and should be just as illegal, is what happened to you. If a passenger chooses to discontinue his flight because it is delayed to the point where travel is useless, as was your case, it should be mandatory that his fare is refunded. If that happened to me, I would be doing everything in my power to fight it: social media (I would even join Facebook for that), small claims court, try to get local TV interested in a human interest story, whatever I could think of.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post