SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    [Cigarettes] The World’s Most Littered Item …
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

[Cigarettes] The World’s Most Littered Item … Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
Big Grin Simple - make smokers only buy these:

This, and if you want a filter you have to buy your own, and since society is into vintage things, what better way to create a new market for vintage cigarette holders, you can pretend you're Hunter S Thompson or Rita Hayworth,

Posts: 23366 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It may be the worlds most littered item, but really who cares???? Some people have nothing better to do, I imagine. But cigarette butts are such a small item, it's laughable......compared to the jerks who throw soda bottles, junk food wrappers, and all manner of REAL garbage out of their windows.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
It may be the worlds most littered item, but really who cares???? Some people have nothing better to do, I imagine. But cigarette butts are such a small item, it's laughable......compared to the jerks who throw soda bottles, junk food wrappers, and all manner of REAL garbage out of their windows.

Cool. So you wouldn’t mind if we all come by your place & flick butts wherever the hell we want?

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maximus_flavius:
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:

Cool. So you wouldn’t mind if we all come by your place & flick butts wherever the hell we want?

I live on a corner lot, the street on the side of my house is a through street for the neighborhood and has a heavily traveled sidewalk home prices are $350K-$3 million. I find beer cans, dog shit in dog bags, soda cans, chip wrappers, beer bottles,water bottles and all kinds of real trash either in my hedges or on the side of the road. I pick those up and they are a pain in the ass, however I'm not wasting my time to pick up a cigarette butt that's 1" long and 3/8" thick that I hardly even see in my grass. And yes, there's a fair share of those too...... you hardly see them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I worked at a mom-and-pop cafe the summer I graduated from high school, and one of the things I ended up doing every morning was raking the (small ) pea-gravel parking area. Every morning was another big dust pan of butts. It made the parking area less disreputable, but what an aggravating chore.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2064 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread has provided many examples of the inconsiderate behavior of many (but not all) smokers. I have to admit that on a few occasions I have yelled to a few passerby's who threw a butt onto my property - "Your gonna die a slow and painful death, gasping for your last breath in your diseased cancer ridden body." I don't like people throwing trash on my property. It's actually easier to clean a couple beer cans off my property than it is a couple cigarette butts.

Posts: 1046 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Had a guy doing some work here several years back who constantly had a BIG wad of snoose in his lower lip. He looked like a damned goat all the time.

He would stick his index finger in and scoop it out, then toss it on the lawn, deck, wherever. I asked him nicely twice to not do that. Caught him again and politely (which WAS difficult) asked him to drop it in the trash not on my deck where I walk.

Chewing that shit is THE most disgusting habit short of shitting on the sidewalk, I have ever seen. And it's rampant out here as it's a "Cowboy" sort of thing.

Then again cigarettes are a close 2nd.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't do tobacco, other than some "experimentation" some 40 years ago. (A story for another time.) So I really don't like it when slob smokers flick their ashes and butts everywhere but an ash tray. It also pisses me off when chewers and dippers spit nasty-ass goopers everywhere. None of these can top something I found in a Waffle House parking lot one morning, a pile of puke with a cigarette butt smack dab in the center of it.

Posts: 27914 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Gotta love the ones that toss a butt out the window of a car. If you don’t want it in your car then stop smoking you asshole!

Was in rush hour traffic on a hot summer day. Overdressed blond in a Mercedes opened her window, just a bit, and let her burning butt drop out.
Except... the still burning butt ended up on the rubber sill of the door. It was a long red light and when I turned off, it was still burning.
One can hope.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Like with all things like this that some folks don't like and want to get rid of while others enjoy... it is not the item but people that cause the problem.....

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm retired and I work part time for my son's company . They are in construction and development . They own a strip mall sort of area that has two small restaurants , a nail salon and a clothing retailer . 5 mornings a week I clean up the parking lot before the businesses open . The amount of cigarette butts I pick up every day is disgusting . This is along with the other random trash people throw on the ground even though there are outdoor trash cans all over the property . Some days I really hate people in general .

Posts: 4044 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I despise butts, and have had guys put field stripped ones in my trash. I can tell the second I walk in the room.

A reader of the WSJ wrote in regards to the OP article that they should put deposits on the butts. I think this is brilliant, and the politicians would love it.

Try asking one about how much they get from unclaimed bottle deposits.

Posts: 278 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post