SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    People pretending to be employed at ATL Airport.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

People pretending to be employed at ATL Airport. Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted
Is it just me or does a pervasive 'attitude' seem to have infected the workers there?

Reading books at th register, grabassing, hooting and hollering like they're at a club, not working a job, seems to be standard the last year or so.

Only place that seemed immune was CFQ.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: RHINOWSO,

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Doing us a favor to allow us into their workplace. I hate ATL because of the workers. I see more goofing off than working.

GW.

Posts: 642 | Location: Auburn, AL | Registered: August 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reading books at th register

Reading,no. Maybe looking at the pictures. I have never seen that. They must have banned them from their stupid cell phones I guess. All the other behaviors are sadly pretty common.

Posts: 17235 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
When they get real bored, they hop over the counter at the slightest provocation, like being told they forgot an item in an order, and try to start a fist fight. I watched one fatass food worker try this with a sizable group of uniformed US Army enlisted personnel. Hilarity ensued.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I'm not imagining it.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
It's not new, but has gotten worse.

If I saw a headline that a gang riot had broken out among the ATL concourse workers or they knifed a customer it'd be so unsurprising I don't even know that I'd read the article.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Don't tell me this, I will be there Friday morning on my way to Talladega. However, I know what you are talking about and have seen it in the past.

Posts: 5620 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Man, I think it is just Atlanta. Not everyone that lives there, of course. But, a large section of the population that lives there. Eat at a nicer restaurant, and you didn't see it as much. Fast food? Same stuff as you describe. Check out at Target? Same thing. Walking down the street downtown. Same thing.

I think it is just the section of population.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess that I have noticed it more since my Delta Club pass expired and I opted not to renew it.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
Man, I think it is just Atlanta.
Could very well be. You can just feel it. The look, the attitude, etc.

It's a convenient connection for me since I'm on the Delta train for airlines and if I get stranded, I'm only a 4 hour drive home (vs going American via DFW, 10+ hours).

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I guess that I have noticed it more since my Delta Club pass expired and I opted not to renew it.

Shame on you, spending time with the mouth breathers at the gate and surrounding areas.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9689 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new...s-airport-NAKED.html

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:

Shame on you, spending time with the mouth breathers at the gate and surrounding areas.
I know, right? Even on short layovers I'd roll through and get a free coffee and a snack, instead of getting the 'tude from everyone.

Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:

I know, right? Even on short layovers I'd roll through and get a free coffee and a snack, instead of getting the 'tude from everyone.

I've been planning my travel for the past 2 years around where AMEX has a centurion lounge (which helps being a dedicated AA customer) but when I have layovers or destinations OUTSIDE of that small network of lounges, I'm a miserable little bitch about it.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 9689 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I might have to jump onboard the AMEX centurion train.

posted Hide Post
quote:

It is soooo worth it. And this year my GE was up for renewal and AMEX paid for it, since I charged it on my card.

Posts: 1854 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dresden:
quote:

It is soooo worth it. And this year my GE was up for renewal and AMEX paid for it, since I charged it on my card.

I wish they offered that credit for something else for the 4-5 years the GE/Pre Check are valid for. Offering it year after year doesn't make sense.

NRA Life Member

SIGForum Official Hand Model
Picture of ThankGod4Sig
posted Hide Post
Taxiway Delta, Oh sorry Taxiway Dixie

"da evil Count Glockula."-Para

Posts: 7903 | Location: C-bus, Ohio | Registered: December 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On my short list of places I never want to visit.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I don't really ever talk to anyone behind a counter when I'm at the airport.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post