Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Login/Join 
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
My recent bad experience was a bit different.

Ordered a book. It got lost, so cancelled the original and ordered a replacement at no extra cost.

Got the replacement just fine. Weeks go by, then the original shows up - damaged. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7486 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I've ordered some Prime things the last couple weeks that had a 3 week delivery estimate.
Every one of them showed up in a couple days.

4/6/2020 ordered toner for my Brother MFCL3710CW printer.
Needed it pretty soon since the wife is working from home.
Estimated delivery when I ordered it was 4/27, it arrived on 4/10.
I think they are just covering their ass on delivery times just in case there is an issue.

I love Amazon, buy something from them about every 2 days.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's pronounced just
the way it's spelled
posted Hide Post
Amazon Prime next day shipping has become 4 business days.

Items I can buy today at Whole Foods, which Amazon owns, are significantly higher on Amazon BEFORE shipping. And they aren't cheap at Whole Foods.

I'm definitely looking at other sources now, whoever is less expensive and gets it to me when they say it will arrive.

Posts: 1498 | Location: Arid Zone A | Registered: February 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
I’ve never had a serious problem.

Some stuff I order arrives same day, lots of stuff next day.

I ordered some shoot-n-see targets to zero my new patrol rifle. Ordered Friday, arrived Sunday.

I generally only buy stuff off amazon that’s shown as “fulfilled by amazon”, meaning it’s in their warehouse and shipped out by them.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I have ordered a number of things lately and they have all came within a week or so.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Still no items and no refund even though I was told on Friday there would be a refund. This has now been 6 days since they cancelled the order and 4 days since they told me they were refunding the money.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Local police departments are talking about furloughing officers due to the lack of sales tax coming in.

Something to think about while perusing all of those Chinese goodies on Amazon.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Local police departments are talking about furloughing officers due to the lack of sales tax coming in.

Something to think about while perusing all of those Chinese goodies on Amazon.

I don't know about anywhere else, but sales tax in Michigan is a state tax, not local, and Amazon collects it.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't know about anywhere else, but sales tax in Michigan is a state tax, not local, and Amazon collects it.

It's local here, and it's sometimes collected. But it doesn't stop there. We also fund government services through a myriad of other taxes. Collections that will be diminished due to the lack of local sales, businesses closing, and property values decreasing.

Every dollar spent on Amazon leaves your community forever. So when those lack of dollars impacts your community, remember some of the reasons why.

Oh, and don't forget how they support China. Wink

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15692 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

Interesting how they choose who to lay off and who to keep. It seems that government always chooses those roles that will cause the most "pain" to the general public.

I wonder how many of those local governments have Assistant Deputy Mayors or Directors of Diversity. Are they going to be furloughed before police officers?

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting how they choose who to lay off and who to keep. It seems that government always chooses those roles that will cause the most "pain" to the general public.

I'd have to go back to read the article, but in this case I believe that the police were the last in line. The city has been reducing everything they can due to a $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 shortfall over this.

The officers got together and agreed to take reduced pay to allow everybody to remain on the job. And this isn't a small backwoods city. This is a respected department in a good part of St. Louis County.

www.zykansafe.com

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd have to go back to read the article, but in this case I believe that the police were the last in line. The city has been reducing everything they can due to a $5,000,000 to $10,000,000 shortfall over this.

The officers got together and agreed to take reduced pay to allow everybody to remain on the job. And this isn't a small backwoods city. This is a respected department in a good part of St. Louis County.

That's good to hear. Of course, I'm sorry that anyone is being furloughed, but first responders should be the last to go.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6370 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I have no problem with extended shipping times. Almost no businesses are operating normally at this time.

What I do have a problem with is paying for a service that I’m not receiving. I’ll be expecting an extension of my Prime membership after this.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15249 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

What I do have a problem with is paying for a service that I’m not receiving. I’ll be expecting an extension of my Prime membership after this.

Same here. It was great at first. If I ordered something and chose "No Hurry" shipping, I got a $3 digital credit. Then it was a $1.50 digital credit. I went to order something yesterday that I did not need right away, but the order page simply said the item would not ship for 10+ days; no credit and no other options.

Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:

Same here. It was great at first. If I ordered something and chose "No Hurry" shipping, I got a $3 digital credit. Then it was a $1.50 digital credit. I went to order something yesterday that I did not need right away, but the order page simply said the item would not ship for 10+ days; no credit and no other options.

FWIW, I just got on chat with Amazon and complained that (through no fault of their own) I was not getting the 2 day shipping that I signed up and paid for, and they issued me a $50 promotional credit. (They tried a $25 one first, but I haggled until they gave me $50). Might be worth your time to do the same.

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I checked my water distiller order from Amazon this morning and it shows "out for delivery" so it's arriving a day early! Yea.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was not getting the 2 day shipping that I signed up and paid for, and they issued me a $50 promotional credit. (They tried a $25 one first, but I haggled until they gave me $50). Might be worth your time to do the same.

IMHO trying to get a half-year credit for a few weeks problem not of a retailer's making while they are still serving their customers as best they can is pretty petty. I've had shipments slower than normal 2-day, but the few times I've ordered any medicine or related supplies that still zips right on over in 2-3 days, indicating their prioritization is actually working. I don't really need those towels, wax, whatever in 2-days right now. I've self-grouped those items into delayed/larger orders than I'd normally do just to try to relieve the pressure on their system. Yeah, one well-intentioned idiot in MS unlikely to have a material impact but I can do it anyway.

Of course I also see all the folks pissed off at AMZN because they sell stuff from China, charge "too much" for services they deliver under Prime, have too much success and money, whatever so maybe for some of you have at it! Wink

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rC5nXEKdGxg

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I agree ^^

I had the choice to try and find my products elsewhere, but chose to wait on the month long window because I don't really care since they are not needed items. All businesses are doing the best they can, Amazon is relying on others to supply them stuff while trying to get out the door the more important stuff. I doubt many other companies are doing much better.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
FWIW, I just got on chat with Amazon and complained that (through no fault of their own) I was not getting the 2 day shipping that I signed up and paid for, and they issued me a $50 promotional credit. (They tried a $25 one first, but I haggled until they gave me $50). Might be worth your time to do the same.

Seriously Mind Boggling! Did you NOT notice the Banner at the top of the Amazon webpage.... Roll Eyes

'We are giving priority to essential items that our customers need most. You may experience shipping delays. Learn more on our COVID-19 page."

AMAZON AND COVID-19

The linked page lists 14 FAQS re: Orders and Deliveries due to COVID-19!

Here's Item # 3....

"Why are some, Prime and Non-prime, items taking longer to ship?
As COVID-19 has spread, we have seen an increase in people shopping online. To serve our customers while also helping to ensure the safety of our associates, we have changed our logistics, transportation, supply chain, purchasing, and third-party seller processes to prioritize stocking and delivering items that are a higher priority for our customers. This has resulted in some of our delivery promises being longer than usual. We're also hiring over 100,000 positions across the U.S. to enable us to provide this vital service to people everywhere, especially to those, like the elderly, who are most vulnerable."

Seems like smart, comprehensive and well thought out policy to me. It assures they're able to prioritize the most urgent needs of their customers while everyone is served in the best possible manner given the circumstances....Unless you're a 'Pyker' and feel you're special, thus deserving priority service/compensation beyond what the rest of the customers expect during the 'Global Pandemic' Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8785 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:

I would just be happy to get the money back for the item they cancelled.

No problem with prioritizing items based on need. The problem is they are randomly choosing what is a priority item and what isn't.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post