SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    If everybody would stop quoting multiple/giant pictures in their posts, that would be great
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

If everybody would stop quoting multiple/giant pictures in their posts, that would be great Login/Join 
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted
Example on this page: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/3330074724/p/2 The cursor and backspace key are your friends. Use them to X out the picture links shown in the reply window. Including pictures in a quoted post is superfluous (look that up), takes extra time to scroll past and is no doubt a bandwidth hog for the owners to deal with. And all this to add "+1" or some shit.

Secondary bitch: lose Photobucket so the rest of us can see your avatars and pictures.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Example on this page: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/3330074724/p/2 The cursor and backspace key are your friends. Use them to X out the picture links shown in the reply window. Including pictures in a quoted post is superfluous (look that up), takes extra time to scroll past and is no doubt a bandwidth hog for the owners to deal with. And all this to add "+1" or some shit.

Secondary bitch: lose Photobucket so the rest of us can see your avatars and pictures.
+1

Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Walls of text and entire conversations too.

Posts: 20081 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

+1

Big Grin
I guess that leaves the "some shit" for me Wink

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Big Grin This is a test. Sigforum is conducting a test of the Emergency Quoting System. This is only a test. Big Grin

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Big Grin This is a test. Sigforum is conducting a test of the Emergency Quoting System. This is only a test. Big Grin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:

Dude, what caliber are those??

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11270 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:

At one point, when I lived in Alaska I owned the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in both .44 magnum and .454 Casull. Walmart's gun counter was the best in Anchorage (pistols from .22 LR to .500 S&W Magnum, Rifles from .17 HMR to .416 Rigby), and I ordered a .454 casull about 6 weeks before friends were flying in to spend a week in the woods (aka bear country). It was supposed to arrive in 2 to 3 weeks, but I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for the .454 Casull to arrive. 3 days before my friends landed Walmart finally fessed up that it'll be a while. In the mean time, I had purchased a high quality and rather expensive guide holster for the hand cannon so I purchased the same gun in .44 magnums since they were on the shelf at other stores. I spent that week and whole first summer in Alaska hiking, river fishing, and camping with the .44 magnum.

Fast forward to the middle of winter, and Walmart calls me out of the blue and says my .454 Casull just came in and asks if I want it. I said yes as it was the caliber I really wanted and I'd make the .44 mag my loaner gun for friends visiting (I picked up a hip holster for it). I had this combo for a few years, and sold the .44 mag to a coworker who moved to Alaska. I still have the .454 Casull and intend to fill it with .45 LC snake shot for hiking, camping, hunting.

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Some would pass, some would fail. Notice that I did not defining "passing" Big Grin

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Even Stevie Wonder could see these replies coming. Razz

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

At one point, when I lived in Alaska I owned the Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in both .44 magnum and .454 Casull. Walmart's gun counter was the best in Anchorage (pistols from .22 LR to .500 S&W Magnum, Rifles from .17 HMR to .416 Rigby), and I ordered a .454 casull about 6 weeks before friends were flying in to spend a week in the woods (aka bear country). It was supposed to arrive in 2 to 3 weeks, but I kept waiting and waiting and waiting for the .454 Casull to arrive. 3 days before my friends landed Walmart finally fessed up that it'll be a while. In the mean time, I had purchased a high quality and rather expensive guide holster for the hand cannon so I purchased the same gun in .44 magnums since they were on the shelf at other stores. I spent that week and whole first summer in Alaska hiking, river fishing, and camping with the .44 magnum.

Fast forward to the middle of winter, and Walmart calls me out of the blue and says my .454 Casull just came in and asks if I want it. I said yes as it was the caliber I really wanted and I'd make the .44 mag my loaner gun for friends visiting (I picked up a hip holster for it). I had this combo for a few years, and sold the .44 mag to a coworker who moved to Alaska. I still have the .454 Casull and intend to fill it with .45 LC snake shot for hiking, camping, hunting.

I like hiking.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

+1

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I recall this same thread from oh, a year ago? Give or take?

Anyway, great thread.

Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I recall this same thread from oh, a year ago? Give or take?

Anyway, great thread.

Exactly.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16268 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nice watch!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
quote:

Nice watch!

you guys seem to not be getting the point.

I like RNL and JHP too.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
quote:
quote:

Nice watch!

I like RNL and JHP too.
What was the point again?

Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nice watch!

I like RNL and JHP too.
There is no point in JHP.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus Dei:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nice watch!

I like RNL and JHP too.
There is no point in JHP.

+2. Those chairs are hideous.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post