SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Medicare ads
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Medicare ads Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
You should avoid a Medicare Advantage plan like the plague.

Maybe, maybe not.

Medicare Parts A & B each have deductibles, $1484 and $203 respectively. Part B services are covered at 80/20 but YOUR 20% has no limit. There are other copays. You need to buy a Part D plan to have prescription coverage.

My Medicare Advantage plan has NO deductible, caps my liability for coinsurance, has a $0 copay to see my Primary Care Doc and has a Prescription Plan. Only a few drugs are subject to a deductible or copays. A gym membership is included.

Sound expensive? How is FREE, that's right, my premium is $0.00

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by C L Wilkins:
I have to sign up for Medicare for the first time soon, turning 65. This is confusing as hell.

You want a Medicare supplement plan in addition to Medicare A (hospital) and Medicare B (doctors)., which you get automatically. As I said earlier, avoid Medicare Advantage. My Anthem supplement currently costs me $226 a month but I have never paid a penny out of pocket since going on Medicare. No co-pays, no deductibles and I can pick my doctors and hospitals. Not so with Medicare Advantage, you will probably have co-pays, deductibles and they can tell you which doctors and hospitals to go to. I had two surgeries last year, triple bypass and gall bladder. Never paid a cent. God knows what my out of pocket expense would have been with a Medicare Advantage plan. Thanks but no thanks, Mr. Namath.

"Never paid a cent" = $2712 lol

Posts: 1931 | Location: S.E. Michigan/Macomb County | Registered: October 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sound expensive? How is FREE, that's right, my premium is $0.00

^^^^^^^
Last year the major hospital in my area who owns most of the doctors practices stopped accepting ALL Medicare Advantage plans. Patients were turned away and had to find new doctors or pay FULL FEE out of pocket. Zero premium did not sound so good.

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Redford1970:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by C L Wilkins:
I have to sign up for Medicare for the first time soon, turning 65. This is confusing as hell.

You want a Medicare supplement plan in addition to Medicare A (hospital) and Medicare B (doctors)., which you get automatically. As I said earlier, avoid Medicare Advantage. My Anthem supplement currently costs me $226 a month but I have never paid a penny out of pocket since going on Medicare. No co-pays, no deductibles and I can pick my doctors and hospitals. Not so with Medicare Advantage, you will probably have co-pays, deductibles and they can tell you which doctors and hospitals to go to. I had two surgeries last year, triple bypass and gall bladder. Never paid a cent. God knows what my out of pocket expense would have been with a Medicare Advantage plan. Thanks but no thanks, Mr. Namath.

"Never paid a cent" = $2712 lol

Have you gotten a hospital balance bill lately? $2712 is chump change.

Posts: 2559 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
quote:
...in addition to Medicare A (hospital) and Medicare B (doctors)., which you get automatically.
Automatically? I had to "sign up" for Medicare.

How do you Qualify for Medicare

"Generally, most people who qualify for Medicare assistance are age 65 and over, but there are a few additional requirements for this as well. One, you have to be a United States citizen or legal resident. Second, it’s required that you have resided in the United States for a minimum of five years. Finally, you must have worked at least 10 years in Medicare-covered employment. If you meet all of these criteria, then you will qualify for Medicare at the age of 65. The reason you have to be age 65 or older is because Medicare is paid for using tax money that has been collected throughout your lifetime. If you look at past paystubs, you can see where a tax was taken out each pay period to pay for your healthcare needs once you’ve retired."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 229DAK,

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post