SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Dear coal rollin' dooooshbag,
Page 1 2 3 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Dear coal rollin' dooooshbag, Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My observations of rolling coal types usually fit in the slack jawed, inbred, room temp category!

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PD:
It could be worse. You could live in New England. Seems like all of a sudden every democratic mayor thinks he has to turn entire traffic lanes into bike lanes...that absolutely no one uses.

Oh God it's not just Baltimore? We too have stupid politicians putting in these bike lanes and I have yet to see ONE person using them. Who the hell wants to ride a bicycle through some of the most dangerous parts of this country? Between speed cameras every 1/2 mile and these goofy new bike lanes, driving through Baltimore is the worst.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
Sorry you had a bad day but maybe keep your bicycle on a bike path or somewhere where you aren't disrupting folks who have shit to do and paid for a license plate to maintain the road they are trying to use.

Yeah, train for an Ironman on a bike path. That will work out well. If you have a beef with cyclists using taxpayer funded roads, take it up with your legislature, not the cyclist. Note, that the roads are open to the use of all not just registered motor vehicles, and the roads are not fully paid for, nor maintained by, fuel taxes. Which, most cyclists pay, because most have registered vehicles as well.

I find it terribly amusing that for a bunch of guys who generally stand for liberty and limited government, some want to use government, harassment, or insult to prevent others from using infrastructure that they help pay for.

Cyclists, tractors, farm equipment, house movers, horses, etc. are all allowed to use the public roads by statute. They should be ticketed if they violate the rules of the road. It really is that simple.

You want to engage in highly dangerous behavior just so you can ride your bicycle on roads next to pissed off drivers passing 12" from you at 55 mph then that's you choice. I'm just amazed people are stupid enough to argue for the opportunity.
edited to add this isn't pointed towards anyone here. Just my basic opinion on this behavior.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ryanp225,

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Does anyone have any idea how many vehicle drivers are driving while drugging or drinking during the day?

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Small genitals

posted Hide Post
I's okay to be an asshole cause your truck pays a tax? I personally don't know one cyclist that doesn't also have a car. Smoking someone is an asshole stunt, period. I doubt those who do it would confront face to face.

Posts: 17144 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Report This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
I take these things on a case by case basis.

Treat an inconsiderate jerk as such and a law abiding citizen courteously.

Cars, trucks, bikes, motorcycles, hell even pedestrians...I try and conduct myself safely at all times.

I will let idiots know they are being idiots if I can do so safely.

All that being said, I do see cyclists in my area behaving badly on a regular basis and it is frustrating.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Small genitals

And/or stature.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3968 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Report This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Living in Colorado has made my give o shit meter peg negatives for anyone blocking traffic with their bicycle.
Sorry you had a bad day but maybe keep your bicycle on a bike path or somewhere where you aren't disrupting folks who have shit to do and paid for a license plate to maintain the road they are trying to use.

Agree, my lifetime of sympathy for cyclists has been used up.

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
You want to engage in highly dangerous behavior just so you can ride your bicycle on roads next to pissed off drivers passing 12" from you at 55 mph then that's you choice. I'm just amazed people are stupid enough to argue for the opportunity.

Damn straight! To hell with those idiots who insist on using the public roads for which their taxes help pay! Why should drivers be inconvenienced by having to take care passing them?

Never heard of "coal rolling" before. Wish I'd remained ignorant, for now I've another reason to regard my "fellow" man with even less regard than I had already

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
^^^
If bicycle riders would extend the slightest of courtesy towards traffic then I would feel differently. But 99.999% of my experiences have been that I have to slow down to 15mph in a 65mph zone because they refuse to pull to the shoulder to let cars pass. Either that or I have to try to pass in oncoming traffic which I don't appreciate because then they are putting me in a more dangerous situation than necessary.

Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
^^^
If bicycle riders would extend the slightest of courtesy towards traffic then I would feel differently. But 99.999% of my experiences have been that I have to slow down to 15mph in a 65mph zone because they refuse to pull to the shoulder to let cars pass. Either that or I have to try to pass in oncoming traffic which I don't appreciate because then they are putting me in a more dangerous situation than necessary.

Yup. Cyclists love to shriek that cars need to treat them like vehicles and follow state law, then refuse to follow state law themselves. I see it all the time.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15573 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Report This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
We have those inbred coal burners all over here.

I had one roll up on my back bumper with my top down, then think it would be cute to blow his train horn then blow around me blowing black smoke on a double yellow.

The cop behind him was not amused as he was.

I just rolled up behind the officer and waited to thank him. I wanted to press assault charges for him injuring our hearing from the train horn.

I want to take a grapple loader to his truck.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Report This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Yup. Cyclists love to shriek that cars need to treat them like vehicles and follow state law, then refuse to follow state law themselves. I see it all the time.

And THEN they'll explain to you why you having to tenderly pass them after following them until it's safe to do so is rewarded by them having the right and obligation to roll right past you and others at the next light so you get to do it all over again, and declare it as a courtesy:

quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I did it for safety. If I coast to the front of the line at a red light, but still to the side / curb / breakdown lane, etc., and specifically NOT blocking anyone from taking a right on red, I am able to see traffic in both directions at the cross when the light changes, which I am unable to do if I am going forward with the line of the traffic. I am able to accelerate almost as fast as the first car coming off the line, which means I am getting up to speed, and thus far more stable before the cars passing me are flying relative to my speed. Finally, intersections are "dirty" with gravel, broken glass, pieces of metal, and other debris on the roads which makes them more dangerous. I am better able to manage the crossing if I can look at the road from the front before I actually have to cross.

I am a courteous cyclist.

No, that's not courteous, that's douchbaggery for your own pleasure and protection without regard to the drivers.

It's easy to see how there's room for improvement on all sides out there. Some awareness would help from the firmly encamped on both sides.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
No, that's not courteous, that's douchbaggery for your own pleasure and protection without regard to the drivers.

Thanks. I'll remember that.

And, oh, by the way, it's perfectly legal in Florida provided that the lane is at least 14' wide.

So, insults aside, you're still wrong.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Y'know, in my ±50 years of driving, a variety of vehicle types on a wide variety of roads in a variety of countries, I think I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've been inconvenienced by a bicyclist and have fingers left over--that is if any of them had been memorable enough to bother counting.

Some of you, along with some in the "I ain't takin' my shoes off for nobody" thread, remind me why, as I get older, I'm increasingly inclined to keep my own company

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Y'know, in my ±50 years of driving, a variety of vehicle types on a wide variety of roads in a variety of countries, I think I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've been inconvenienced by a bicyclist and have fingers left over--that is if any of them had been memorable enough to bother counting.

Some of you, along with some in the "I ain't takin' my shoes off for nobody" thread, remind me why, as I get older, I'm increasingly inclined to keep my own company

I see you're in Michigan.
You have problems with bicycle riders about as much as I in Colorado have hurricane problems. Wink
Come out here and see the problems they cause and I guarantee you'll want to buy a bull bar for your truck after 10 miles.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Well said, ensigmatic. Thank you.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:

I see you're in Michigan.
You have problems with bicycle riders about as much as I in Colorado have hurricane problems. Wink
Come out here and see the problems they cause and I guarantee you'll want to buy a bull bar for your truck after 10 miles.

Yeah. There's something to it. Really. I mean, take my example of the guy who was within a few feet of my bumper drafting me through a road in the woods. If I had a deer run out in front of me, I'm suddenly responsible for reacting perfectly and making all the right decisions that will suddenly affect five human lives and one animal life and likely, at least one of them is going to end. All because pro biker bro wants to draft a car and he "has as much right to the road as I do." Had he not been biking aggressively, I wouldn't have even noticed or remembered him, but I'm honestly still a little pissed about it four years later in the recalling of it. He could've backed way off and enjoyed his ride and that would've been that. And he isn't the only one that's done it. There's a lot of good reasons I don't go into Seattle, but this is actually one of them.

There's matters of practicality to consider that I see a lot of bicyclists seem to prefer to ignore because "they have as much of a right to the road as anyone else." I used to ride a lot. I don't anymore, and I've wanted to get back into it, and the way people drive has, and continues to really honestly scare me away from it. So I get both sides of the argument.

This is a separate discussion from what the OP brings up, which is intentional belligerence from a driver. And yes, as I get older, I'm inclined to keep my own company, but I'm not gonna give up on talking to ya'll about this sort of thing. Big Grin

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've wanted to get back into it, and the way people drive has, and continues to really honestly scare me away from it.

This is why I walk fields now instead of road biking. Between aggression, cell phones, bluehairs (lots of snowbirds here), and stupidity, death is in the air.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12776 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Report This Post