SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Sleazy Horse People
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sleazy Horse People Login/Join 
posted
I know a lot of horse people, heck, I live in the "Horse Capital Of The world." Most are VERY polite to others. Some, however.......

I often see people on a state highway I use with flatbed trailers or truck full of stall muck, you know, used straw and horse shit, uncovered. The get their speed up to about 60, and all that mess blows onto the highway and anyone following.

Most horse farms have a muck pit or pile where they put that crap. (Great place to dispose of a carcass, too. That stuff rots meat quick.)

What's wrong with people?

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
What's wrong with people?

They're self-centered assholes. Next question? Smile

Local law enforcement doesn't frown on that? It'd get you stopped here, and if it was a DOT enforcement officer, it'd likely get you a ticket.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Around here it is sand and gravel trucks from local quarries. They have a sign on the back that says 'stay back 200 feet.' Lot of good that does when they pass you on the highway or merge onto a highway right in front of you. Some have trucks have screens that they don't bother to put down. But even if they are down, the screens don't fit tight enough to fully protect the load.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
The one I like are the gravel haulers with the sign "not responsible for stones thrown from roadway". So how do you prove the one that hit you wasn't on the road. Instead of one of the 10 million or so in his dump truck? Odds are, it was one of his!

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drive that road several times a week and I've never seen a LEO on it, except responding to accidents.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Unsecured loads is what flips my switch. A guy passed me on the expressway last fall with various pieces of drywall in the bed of his truck with no restraints whatsoever.

I'm doing 80 on a 70, he passes me. I always watch for morons like that especially like that day, I was on the bike.

I roll off the throttle, go to the right lane. I want as much distance between us as possible. About two miles up there are pieces of drywall in the traffic lanes, he is on the shoulder putting ratchet straps across the bed.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8067 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Doesn’t have to be “Horse People”. They hire someone to clean the stalls, or sell the manure to someone wanting it for fertilizer....

But in general, yeah...People really don’t understand physics, or the power of vacuum.
When I drove truck OTR with my dad, I saw more mattresses than anything on the road. Yes, they are heavy and a lot of them will fit in a pickup bed. But they also have a large surface area for that vacuum behind the cab to pull on.

Posts: 6289 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My problem is, I think they DO understand. It's just a quick way o dump shitty straw.

Yeah, I once had a dining room chair fly off a pickup and bounce off my motorcycle helmet. I hate unsecured loads.

Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Not over in Ohio. There they pick up a load and dump it in front the local Democrat headquarters. The guy did it twice, but they found him the second time. Gawd I wish I could have been on that jury.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going down the highway a minivan passes me with a mattress on top. They have ONE rope holding it. A loop around the middle.
It came out the passenger window behind the driver, over the mattress, in the passenger window and tied to itself.
I am sure it looked good standing still.

On the highway it was literally flying. The front edge caught the air and it lifted off. The tie across was, coincidentally, perfectly placed. Front edge up, back edge down, nothing touching the roof. Back edge a good foot off the roof. Maybe a 30-40* degree angle of rotation for lift off. Rope was holding. Almost comical.
Driver had no idea.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
It's not just Kentucky. People here in Missouri are just as bad. Hell, maybe worse. Some of the things I've seen in a trailer would make your hair stand on end.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thread drift...

A refrigerator in the middle lane on I-56 outside of Chicago. I was on the GW. Traffic just kept moving around it.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Unsecured loads drive me up the wall.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
I had about a 10-foot extension ladder come off a van in front of me and took one bounce and went airborne to the side of the road. The operator must of figured something was wrong since he slowed down and later pulled to the side of the road.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
My wife and I were eastbound on the interstate between Fort Worth and Dallas. Traffic was moderately heavy and moving briskly.

A lawn service guy was ahead of us, pickup truck pulling a trailer with his equipment. The tailgate / ramp thing of the trailer evidently was not secured properly; the ramp opened and lawn service equipment started bouncing all over the highway at a high rate of velocity.

I was dodging moving targets for a bit. Once clear, I looked back and saw my wife slaloming along the hazard course.

Later, when we stopped, my wife, who was an MSF instructor, said with a big grin, "that was better than the counter-steering exercises that we teach!)

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least the fresh horseshit will wake you up fast. Big Grin

I hate fucking slobs that shit themselves when standing next to me and they think its funny.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
Going down the highway a minivan passes me with a mattress on top. They have ONE rope holding it. A loop around the middle.
It came out the passenger window behind the driver, over the mattress, in the passenger window and tied to itself.
I am sure it looked good standing still.

On the highway it was literally flying. The front edge caught the air and it lifted off. The tie across was, coincidentally, perfectly placed. Front edge up, back edge down, nothing touching the roof. Back edge a good foot off the roof. Maybe a 30-40* degree angle of rotation for lift off. Rope was holding. Almost comical.
Driver had no idea.

Redneck spoiler! Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
I hate fucking slobs that shit themselves when standing next to me and they think its funny.

Would you feel better if he cried? How about playing innocent? I take it you don't mind him having a normal and uncontrollable bodily function, its his reaction you hate? That gas is under high pressure and he only has a very limited ability to contain it. Would you have him quarantined for his naural and uncontrollable function?

Maybe if you vote for Bernie, he'll supply everyone with GasX at no charge. But really, you'll pay for the meds. Sorry if that was a political injection...

Unhappy ammo seeker

posted Hide Post
I assume you're talking about a fart. I once had a man in white pants ahead of me in line literally....well, I had to leave. That brown stain and all. Once a very fat woman sitting outside the obesity center at the hospital shit in a chair right thru her dress, then walked away. I put a newspaper on it and called hospital sanitation.