SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Writing loose when the word is lose
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Writing loose when the word is lose Login/Join 
Picture of 1KPerDay
posted Hide Post
Verse used in place of "versus."

this verse that.

drives me UP A WALL

People typing "ya" instead of "yeah" on messages. IM ABOUT TO LOOSE MY MIND
Big Grin

---------------------------
My hovercraft is full of eels.

Posts: 3188 | Registered: February 27, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Proper English is being corrupted by the creeping malignancy of ebonics.

Even media personalities say "enegy" instead of "energy".

FG'S sake people! EN-ER- GEE

Posts: 42 | Location: Southeast Texas | Registered: July 31, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
guppy touched on it. There is no such word as “alot.” That probably bothers me too much.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Did anybody mention "jive" yet? E.g.: "That doesn't jive with the facts." Uhm... no. The word for which you're looking is "jibe." (Not to be confused with "gybe" in this context.)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post