SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Another Overused Marketing Term: "Premium"
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another Overused Marketing Term: "Premium" Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted
"Premium"
Roll Eyes

A loaf of plain-jane potato bread we have is labeled that. It's FAR from "premium", in fact it's not really very good period. I'm so sick of seeing EVERYTHING labeled as "premium" when it just isn't, it's so overused IMO it's lost all its meaning anymore.

Anyone else see this?

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Premium rant.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Premium rant.

For a premium price you'll receive two rants. Act fast, our truly primo operators are standing by.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14036 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I prefer substandard unimproved old and regular in the products I buy. I Like generic beer and generic drugs.

Posts: 17231 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Dude....That's Primo!

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
"Premium" is expensive gas or the money you send to your insurance company.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
Dude....That's Primo!

MPrimo < a member here might take issue.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Premium rant.

For a premium price you'll receive two rants. Act fast, our truly primo operators are standing by.

As long as I don't have to pay Shipping and Processing on the second rant!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20819 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
oohh lets add "turn-key" and "streamlined" to the list.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
"New and improved", if you liked it before, you won't anymore.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the airline world, "premium" means paying a premium price for services and amenities that used to be free! Taking a cue from Coca-Cola, they should call it "classic" instead.

Posts: 324 | Location: Columbus OH | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Premium = overpriced generic low grade product

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
tell me about it. I just bought an oil filter. Why is it rated at 15k mi. Do they anticipate me skipping the filter on my next synthetic 7500 mi change? And that was the middle grade.

Posts: 202 | Registered: March 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mindustrial:
tell me about it. I just bought an oil filter. Why is it rated at 15k mi. Do they anticipate me skipping the filter on my next synthetic 7500 mi change? And that was the middle grade.

Some cars do only call for oil changes every 15k.

My old BMW held 11 quarts of full synthetic, and was only due for an oil change every 15k.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
My insurance keeps asking me to pay my "premium."

I think I'd save some money if I could just pay a "regular" instead.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ravens1775
posted Hide Post
And there is its evil cousin "Freemium"

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
"Classic" is another overused term.

Posts: 27948 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
"New and improved", if you liked it before, you won't anymore.

A profound truth right there! Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8877 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
They might as well change words,when I was in the selling game they came out with the term heavy duty.
Was no difference in the motor and transmission,just the cost of the product line.

Posts: 22410 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post