SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    Simple Majority vs needing 60 votes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Simple Majority vs needing 60 votes Login/Join 
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted
Why the hell can't people figure this out?!? Yes, the Republicans have more Senators in the Senate than the Democrats but that's not how things go down in the Senate. Stupid fucks saying "Well the Republicans control the House and Senate, why can't they get anything done?!?" Because they need 9 Democrats!! And of course the Democrats will oppose anything the Republicans try to pass. So who is responsible for the shut down? You guessed it, the Dems...

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
When people don't understand their own government.

Did you hear about how the US is a Democracy?

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:

That's another one of my favorites.

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:

Some of the most precious looks I get (and given my rather blunt personality, I get a lot) are the ones when I declare that the United States is NOT a Democracy. I've given up trying to explain the difference.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15210 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When you are being force fed a narrative on all channels the truth sometimes gets drowned out.

Don't forget that no all Republicans or Democrats voted their party line.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yup, America is NOT a Democracy.

The United States of America is a Constitutional Republic. People really should learn about and understand the difference..........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
People don't really care to figure it out.

People believe the Republicans are causing the shutdown.

I say wait, when the Republicans were in the minority, they caused the shutdown. Now they're the majority, they still cause the shutdown?

Liberals say the Republicans are holding up the spending bill and stopping pay for the military. I say no, the Democrats are holding up the spending bill because they want to include a portion for illegal aliens under DACA. Democrats are willing to screw over the American government for the sake of illegal aliens.

But do they get it? NOOOO....!

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19646 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Even some Senators seem confused, claiming the Republicans control both houses.

I can understand media dufuses saying stupid things, out of ignorance or extreme partisanship, but a Senator really needs to up his, or her, game. Don’t they have stupid study for Senators?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why the hell can't people figure this out?!?

These are the same people that think if Trump is impeached it will make HRC president.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don’t they have stupid study for Senators?

Sure they do. They study it, that is why they are so freaking stupid!

They take lessons on it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
The media knows. The democrats know. They (correctly) assume that most of their audience doesn't know.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
There is nothing in the Constitution addressing a 60 vote majority in the Senate. It is an antiquated rule and nobody seems to know why it was ever put in place.

Get rid of it.

The country is a republic. The House and the Senate are not. Simple majorities in both chambers are what was intended by the founders and are what is needed again.

Posts: 20084 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post