SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    FedEx lost a customer rifle...**Rifle found!**
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FedEx lost a customer rifle...**Rifle found!** Login/Join 
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted
I posted "The Black Mamba" in the rifle section. This was a kickass rifle. I shipped it weeks ago and the owner contacted me this weekend to tell me the rifle was lost. Sure enough, tracking shows last movement on March 18th.

Rifle was insured, but still, now I have to go through the stolen/lost firearms process, which is a first for me.

Ugh...

Tony.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: benny6,

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
That stinks. Good luck Tony.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Thanks. The customer just contacted me and they said the "found it" in a railcar on the east coat. I'll breathe a little easier when it's safely delivered to him. Tracking info hasn't been updated yet.

Tony.

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
"found it" in a railcar on the east coat.

They ship firearms by rail? Customer guns, no less? Guess that's "especial handling" Frown

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
The customer doesn't believe them. They find it but can't say where it is now? Not cool at all.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:

They ship firearms by rail? Customer guns, no less? Guess that's "especial handling" Frown

Rifles shipped by ground.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:

A lot of FedEx/UPS traffic going cross-country ships via TOFC (trailer on flat car) out of areas such as Atlanta, Chicago, LA, and the PNW.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
It has to do with where choo-choo go....

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Notary Sojac
Picture of festus haggen
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
It has to do with where choo-choo go....

Mongo only pawn in game of life.

Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Posts: 367 | Location: Maryland | Registered: June 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of p08
posted Hide Post
Hope they get it to the buyer safe. I count my blessings the Fed Ex apes have never lost anything, just broken two rifle I bought.

-------------------------------------
Always the pall bearer, never the corpse.

Posts: 700 | Location: Illinois | Registered: December 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Often by rail, yes. Chicago and Detroit are notorious for gangs breaking into stopped or slow moving trains with guns on them, usually with inside info.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Well, good news! Tracking info has picked up again and he should have it by tomorrow sometime.

Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Rifle confirmed found! Customer sent me pics of his rifle in possession.

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Very good to hear. I bet you feel a load off your mind. When I ship a pistol O/N, even when it somehow gets stuck at their hub for longer than usual, that's enough to give me heartburn.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
Great that it turned up.

Posts: 6132 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
If you've you already started work on the Replacement 'Black Mamba' Rifle....I'll Take It! Great Karma! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8787 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post