SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  What's Your Deal!    I don't Get those Weird Photo Filters
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don't Get those Weird Photo Filters Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
The ones that make you look like a cat or a dog or a deer or whatever? I just don't get it.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree. Stupid!

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The ABSOLUTE worst one is HDR.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34081 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
It's a way to perfect facial recognition software, disguised as a fun toy.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
My company hired a 19 year old insurance agent, he switched his company photo to one of the filters with deer ears and nose. His lead and I saw it at the same time, seems the lead had already made a correction earlier that morning, and was not happy about having to do it again.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
The ones that mess with your eyes I find especially creepy for some reason.

I have a friend on Facespace who constantly posts pictures with one that puts bunny ears on her. Every time I see one of those, I'm tempted to post an image of Elmer Fudd in Viking armor with the quote "KILL DA WABBIT!"

Personally, my favorite filter is "clear."

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3349 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

This.

Much like how "Pokemon Go" is a way to gather huge amounts of mapping data, disguised as a game.

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
And cell phones being used as spying devices to map your every move, interests, associates, purchases, web browsing activity, sleeping schedule...

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The ABSOLUTE worst one is HDR.

I couldn't agree more. I've played around with HDR and I have never had a photo come out better because of it.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
There are some people those filters would help! Razz

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

This.

Much like how "Pokemon Go" is a way to gather huge amounts of mapping data, disguised as a game.

Started a Rush station on Pandora, and it kept playing like Van Halen and AC/DC and Black Sabbath, so I complained, out loud, to my girlfriend that none of this is comparable to Rush, and we've been listening for a half hour or 45 minutes and they haven't even played any Yes. Next song was Yes. Fuckin' spying on me while I'm trying to enjoy some prog-rock with my ladyfriend next to the fire!

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 16995 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post